Chapter 15: The Change

I lifted my head and looked into the eyes I thought I would never see. “Jace!” He sat up and looked at me.

“What happened to them?” he asked.

“I did it. We won.”

“Jace.”

We both looked towards the voice.

“Mum!” Jace stood up and ran towards her. He hugged her tightly.

“Come on Merissa.” she said. “You’re part of this family too.”

I walked towards them and joined in with the hug.

“It’s all over.” Jace told his mother thankfully.

 “Well, actually it’s not.”

“What do you mean?” Jace said.

“Well, before the man died he told me to be prepared.”

Well, whatever comes, we’ll fight it, together.” Jace said.

“After all of what’s happened. Do you think I could go back to my old house. I just feel like I need to be there.”

“Alright. Do you want me to come with you?” Jace asked.

“No thanks. I need to go alone.”

I walked out the door and called a taxi. “23 Phantom Road please.” I said when I had gotten in.

Jace had walked to the door to see me off. I waved to him and he waved back. The taxi drove off and I sat back in my seat and closed my eyes. Before I knew it I was getting tapped on the shoulder. The taxi man was standing over me.

“We’re here.” he said.

“Oh, thanks.” I replied.

I got out of the car and walked to the front door. I turned the doorknob and walked in. I looked around at my old house. I went into the kitchen and into the family room. I looked  at where me and my mum used to always sit when I was little. I walked up to my bedroom and lay down on my bed. I closed my eyes and was soon asleep.

My eyes shoot open. “What was that noise?” I whisper to myself. A faint rustling noise was coming from downstairs in the kitchen. I quietly creep out of bed. I open my door with a creak and walk down the stairs. The soft carpet tickles my feet. I round the corner and look inside the kitchen, right into the blood-red eyes of my nightmare. It snarled at me and lunged. It knocked me to the ground. It was on top of me and we were struggling together. I managed to roll over so that I was on it. It was too dark to see my attacker’s face. It rolled backwards, pushing me on the ground and then disappeared. I stood up and looked around. Where was it? I turned on a light to see better. Suddenly I was knocked to the ground and I saw my attacker’s face.

“Avalon!” I said. Those were the last words I said as I felt fangs plunge into my neck and my body beginning to change. I was going into. . .

 My Second Life