Chapter 46

"Good morning Lilly!" Mommy says.
I immediately get up and run downstairs. I want to be early at dance, I need to be ready. Luckily there is a bowl of cereal and orange juice sitting at the table for me. I quickly eat and go back upstairs. I put on tights and my leotard and then I go to my bathroom. I brush my teeth, and then mommy walks in.
"Slow down Lilly, you have time." She says.
"Can you start my hair?" I ask.
She nods and puts my hair in a ballerina bun.

I open the drawer and get something to put around my bun

I open the drawer and get something to put around my bun. It's really cute, and it's pink. I'm all ready so I get some clothes to put over my dance wear. It's actually 70°, and I have no clue how since it's the end of February. We have to be there by 9:00 am and it's 8:30 so we decide to leave now. I grab my school bag, dance bag, and mommy grabs my lunch bag and my water bottle. As we get into the car I start to get worried. What if the girls don't like me? What if I do horrible? My thoughts are cut off as we pull up to the studio. It's 8:50 and I see people inside so we walk in. Ms. Abby sees me and greets me immediately.
"Somebody's here early!" She says.
She hugs me and then goes to talk with my mom.
"How are you feeling Rachel?"
"Eh... Lilly, go put your stuff in the break room." My mom says. I take my bags and find the room. I put my bags down and decide to go barefoot. I have convertible tights on so I pull them up a little, and walk towards mommy when suddenly I get an idea.
"Ms Abby? Can I go on the tumble track?"
"Sure! Just don't get hurt."
I run and get on the tumble track really quick. I work on my back tucks and they're okay. I decide to work on just a regular back hand spring, no round off. I get it on the tumble track so I decide to try it on a mat. Luckily they're out already so I don't have to pull it. First I do a round off back handspring, then I decide to try it regular. I do it, and land on my butt.
I do it again and land on my knees, I can do this! I get back up and walk toward the front of the mat. "Ready, set, go!" I whisper to myself. And I got it! I wobbled the ending but I didn't fall. I'm so happy, I could scream. All of a sudden I hear footsteps coming and mommy and ms. Abby walk in.
"Lilly are you okay?" Mom asks.
"We heard a scream." Ms. Abby says.
"Oh, I didn't mean to scream. But yes, I'm fine! Watch." I say as I walk towards the mat. Once again, I do it but I wobble the ending. They both clap and congratulate me. We decide we should go back to the front because it is almost 9:00. I touch up my hair and follow them. A girl walks in and I think her name is Alexus. Her mom hugs me, and mommy hugs Alexus.
"Lilly, how about you show Alexus where to put her stuff?"
I nod and show her the room.
"Are you home schooled?" She asks.
"I'm starting today with an online program. What about you?"
"I'm starting today also!"
We decide we should head back so we do. I hear the door open and in walks Peyton and her mom. I hug them both and we show them the back room. Everybody here gives hugs I think. We go back and Areana I'm pretty sure her name is, walks in with her mom. We hug and show her the room. We go back and wait for the other girl. She has two minutes before she isn't on the team. 9:59 comes and her and her mom come running through the doors.
Ms. Abby makes a face because they are practically late and we show her the back room.
"So did you guys meet the elites?" I ask.
They all shake their heads no.
"Have you?" Areana asks.
"Yeah, a few times."
They all say how lucky I am, but they're like my big sisters.
The curtain opens again and mommy tells me to come out. She's vlogging and I don't know why. The other girls follow and we walk out. All of a sudden I see the elites! I run to Kalani and she picks me up.
"Are you excited?" She asks me.
"Yes! I can't wait!"
Mackenzie takes me out of Kalani's arms and we start talking. I hug everyone else and we talk for a bit, with the other minis watching like it was a dream.
"Girls, get in here!" Ms. Abby shouts.
Us minis wait until our cue.
"So I have a mini team. Please welcome Elliana and her mom Yolanda." Ms. Abby says, and they walk in.
"Peyton and her mom Kerri!"
"Alexus and her mom Tiffanie!"
"Areana and her mom Sari!"
"And of course, the originals, Lilly and her mom Rachel!"
I walk in awkwardly and ms. Abby stops me.
"Show them what you learned this morning." She says.
I nod and do my back handspring. It's pretty good.
Everyone claps and she says that I came early and blah, blah, blah. I walk over with my team and mom stands behind me.
"Starting with the elites pyramid." I pretty much zone out until it's time for our "pyramid."
"So we have four on the bottom, all at the same level. Peyton, Alexus, Elliana, and Areana. You all are new here, you have to work your way up. On the top we have Lilly, she competed a solo choreographed by Gianna and I, she got first. She did a duet with Kalani, first. If you want to be on top, be like Lilly."
I feel really bad but don't say anything.