Chapter 17

We said we were going to Build A Bear. We went to so many places, and the kids are so tired. How are they gonna make it through tonight. Lilly's wearing a tutu dress thing with a bow and sneakers, Ryan is wearing A Nike shirt, Nike sweats, and sneakers. It's strange that Colleen used to be the fancy one and I was casual, but our kids are opposites of what we were.

   We arrive home and they're sleeping. We leave the stuff in the car and I pick up Lilly. She doesn't flinch as I carry her upstairs and place her on her loft bed. I take Ryan and put him on the couch.

While they're sleeping, Colleen and I start to decorate for the party. I know Lilly is going to love her gifts she is getting.

   I get out some streamers and start putting them outside. I do lots of decorating while Colleen is picking up the dessert.

"Mama!" Lilly shouts running towards me.

I pick her up and throw her in the air, "what's up baby?" I ask

"I wanna start my party!" She pouts.

"We have to wait until it's time." I explain

"I don't wanna wait!" She yells.

I sigh, this is gonna be a long time to wait. "Lilly, let's watch T.V." I say

"No!I want to have my party" she screams.

I pick her up and walk her to the boring guest room.

"Lilly, I do not like how you are acting

"Lilly, I do not like how you are acting. I will get you from here in ten minutes." I say and walk out and lock the door.
Yes, I do feel bad since this is on her birthday, but I don't want her to be a spoiled brat.

-------------

Ten minutes have passed so I go upstairs to see Lilly.
She's sitting on the bed, punching the pillows. Oh great.
"Lilly, calm down." I say quietly.

She punches more.

"Lilly, use your words." I comfort her.

"I am very mad that you made me get a time out." She says.

"I am very sorry, but you had to listen to me." I say, "let's go downstairs."

I scoop her up and we start walking downstairs. As I'm walking down I hear the tv and I kinda zone out.

Suddenly I feel a big punch. Lilly's smirking and is acting innocent.

I'm not gonna lie, it really hurt. Like a lot.

"MATT GET UP HERE NOW!" I scream.

He runs up to where I am and takes Lilly.

"What's wrong baby?" He asks me.

"Lilly, um, punched me. I don't know why, or what to do." I say.

You can see the anger in his eyes.

"Ok honey go lie down by the pool. I will take care of her."

I nod and walk outside.