Chapter 14

*Now*
It has been a couple weeks since the incident that happened with Joey. Lucas and Joey have been working together to help each other cope with their addiction problem. Allie has been helping them too, but in the past couple of weeks there have been other issues that have come up with her and her friends.
*Two weeks ago, a couple of days after the incident with Joey*
The people that are after them have started up again. They went dormant with their actions for a couple of months, but now they have become active again. Peter came limping home one night with a blackeye and bruises all over his body. Allie and RJ heard noises at the front door and of course they were frightened. RJ went to the door and opened it slowly, and then they found Peter on the floor crying in pain. They helped him inside and put him on the couch in the living room. He started moaning, but they couldn't understand what he was saying at first. RJ asked Peter to repeat it again. Peter moaned, "He's back....." when Ally and RJ heard him say this and they knew who he meant. RJ told Peter to rest and that we would talk about it with him in the morning. When Peter woke up the next morning he walked into the kitchen and saw RJ and Allie cooking pancakes. Peter thought to himself, "they only make pancakes when they have something to tell me or they want me to tell them something." After thinking that Peter says to RJ and Allie, "what's going on what do you need to tell me or is there something that I need to tell you?" Allie looks at Peter and says, "what happened last night?" Peter says, "what do you mean?" RJ says, "what do we mean? Look at yourself you have bruises all over in a blackeye." Peter looks at his body and sees all the bruises on his arms and his legs and his chest. And then he runs to the mirror to look at his eye. He looks at himself and then he screams, "HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?" Allie says, "Peter, you really don't remember?" RJ says, "you said something to us last night. You said, "he's back." Peter says, "I did?" Allie begins to think about why Peter might have this memory loss. She remembers when her brother Lucas was having these issues when he began to become addicted to heroin. But she knows that Peter is not addicted to any type of drugs, but that does not necessarily mean that Dominant didn't drug him last night to make sure that Peter would forget what happened.
*Now*
Since that day the three of them have been trying to figure out what exactly happened to Peter that night. Allie decides to go visit Joey because she hasn't seen him since she caught him doing heroin. She walks into the house (she has a key), and says, "is anyone home?" Allie did not see any cars outside or in the garage., so she figures they went out. She texts Joey and says, "I'm at your house, wanted to see how you were doing." A couple of minutes later she gets a text back from "Joey" that says, "well he hasn't been home for a week and a half. Have you seen him? This is Kate. I've been looking for him." Allie calls and Kate picks up the phone. Allie says, "I thought Joey was here?" Kate says, "no. about a week and a half ago he left me a note that said, 'had to leave will be back soon, but you and Andy need to get out of there. It's not safe anymore." Since then I've been trying to find him, I thought he might be with you, but as you can tell he left his phone behind." Allie says, "Kate just stay hidden, we will find him." Allie hangs up the phone.
Allie leaves Joey's house and goes to pick up Peter and RJ so they can find Joey. Allie gets a call from an "unknown number." She picks it up, "hello." The voice says, "you want him? You do as I say." Allie says, "who is this? And what do you want with Joey?" The voice says, "I don't want anything with Joey, I want you and your friend Peter.....if you want your cousin back you need to do as I say." Peter grabs the phone from Allie and says, "look, if you want us then come and get us, quit torturing our friends and family." The voice says, "Peter I'd advise you to calm down, you don't realize what I could do when I'm angry." Peter says, "you've already done enough, this needs to stop. What do you want?" The voice says, "I need you to bring me something. But it requires a shovel to get it." Peter says, "what are you implying?" The voice says, "I think you know exactly what I'm talking about. I know your little secret." Allie says, "what secret?" The voice says, "Peter will tell you and show you, because that's what I want you to do.....you have 12 hours, or I kill Joey." The voice hangs up the phone.
Peter has a terrified look on his face. After being quiet for about 5 minutes he says, "I'll do this myself." Allie says, "Peter?" Peter says, "no, I won't drag you into this. I think I remember why I came home all beat up that night." Allie says, "why do you need a shovel?" Peter says, "because I think I buried something.....or someone." Peter walks out of the car and shuts the door.

*To be continued