I rolled my eyes at his dramatic act and just tugged him forwards because I could hear them inching closer, all hungry with information about my private life. I jerked my head, signalling the other boys to start moving as I passed them since I didn’t want to stay lounging around the court or we would be stuck answering the reporters’ questions and I didn’t want that.

There was a reason why I want to keep everything private.

I crossed the street with Mitchie flanking beside me and I could hear the rest keeping up with me easily. As I was thinking of a way on how to double-back to the cars, I saw an ice-cream shop not far from where we were walking. Making an excited noise at the back of my throat, I tugged Mitchie’s hand and veered towards the shop in mind.

Ten minutes later, I found myself seated between Mitchie and Blake eating a cup filled with two scoops of ice-cream. The other boys were seated around calmly eating their own share of ice-cream and talking about something unrelated. We were all trying to veer away from the taboo subject.

I respected that, in fact I was glad that they were all cracking jokes and making me laugh because that session just now was both emotionally draining and physically tiring to endure through. All in all, I was more than glad that he got sent to jail. I felt lighter now, happier even that I don’t need to worry about him coming back.

Now I can concentrate on Mum and on healing.

Just two things.

I don’t know if it’s easy from now on but I was determined to be able to see the other end of the tunnel. I want to be able to say that I had healed, I want to be able to be depended off the anti-depressant pills and I also want to be able to just laugh freely. I know it might take me years but heck; I am so reaching that goal.

I knew with my two bestfriends with me and maybe Blake, I can reach it.

Slowly but surely.

I just know it.

‘Come on Ally; get your tight ass to school! You’re going to be late!’ Seth yelled at me from down the bowels of the living room. ‘Just because your godfather is your Principal doesn’t mean you can cut class!’

I let out a groan at his incessant yelling and raised my head off the pillow blearily, blinking quickly as I registered the guest room I was living in. ‘This boy doesn’t let me sleep enough,’ I muttered under my breath and forced myself off the bed, yawning heavily as I stretched my aching body.

‘ALLY!’

‘What the fuck Seth?! Stop screaming at me, I’m awake thanks to you!’ I shouted back at him, feeling annoyed and cranky at the same time as I made my way towards my closet to think of what to wear. Shaking my head at him, I mulled over shortly before grabbing A Day to Remember band shirt and a pair of denim jeans.

Twenty minutes later, I found myself seated together with Seth and Henry who were busy eating breakfast or reading the newspaper or doing both at the same time. When I arrived with my bag and a sullen face, Seth just gave me a smug grin before pouring a cup of coffee for me.

I gave him a suspicious look where he just gave me an innocent smile before accepting the cup without a word. ‘You have something to say don’t you Seth?’ I asked him emotionlessly, raising an eyebrow at him as I sipped the coffee, almost sighing in bliss as the brew drip down my throat effortlessly.

His innocent smile grew bigger and that made it look even more suspicious to me. ‘Rip wants you in the studio today after school,’ he started saying and held up a hand when I opened my mouth to say something. ‘I haven’t finished yet. Technically you aren’t bound to the Records yet so our manager, Mr. Jones wants to officially invite you in.’