Chapter 38

Ethan

I expected the door to open and Erica's beautiful face to greet me. I was dying to see her eyes filled with love for me. So when the door opened and my brother stood there I was left gapping at him. The situation was out of my understanding capacity. Why was he here at my girlfriend's home?

"Ethan?" He said. I stepped in and he let me in.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him maybe a a bit too harshly. Seb just ran a hand through his hair before he spoke.

"I actually came here..... bec..."

"Who is it Seb?" Erica came out of the kitchen and when she saw me her expression changed to that of fury. She halted in her tracks and narrowed her eyes at me. Is she was trying to be intimidating then she was miserably failing at it. She was too cute to look intimidating.

"What are you doing here Monroe?" She asked angrily. I liked the sound of my surname from her mouth. However there was another Monroe here in this room.

"I told you that.. " 

"I am not talking to you Seb. I am talking to him." She glared at me as she spoke.

"Why is he here?" I was more confused about Seb being here.

"Mom told me to come and check up on her to see how she was doing." Seb clarified. I knew how much mom loved Erica. So I didn't speak but that didn't mean that I wasn't annoyed about Seb coming here.

"You can go now. I'm here so I'll let mom know." I said forcing him to leave. I sent an eye signal to him hoping he would understand and let me some time alone with Erica. He nodded and was about to leave when my darling girlfriend decided to step in.

"No, why will he leave. I was actually enjoying his company. You know, at least I know that there is one Monroe who genuinely cares about me. Unlike some people who only care about themselves. Seb, you stay here, let him leave." She gestured towards me. She was being sassy. I would be surprised if she wasn't, after all that I have done, I couldn't expect her to jump in my arms. Life wasn't that easy.

"No Seb, you have to go. I'll take care of her. I won't leave her side now. Go."  I said and I meant every word I said. The decision was made and I wasn't going to leave her side ever. The debate continued on for a few minutes between me and Erica. Poor Seb looked genuinely confused.

"No Erica, actually I remembered that I have somewhere to go. Bye." He said and hurried out of the door shutting it behind. I knew that Seb would always listen to me. I was his brother afterall but I had to admire the way Erica had captivated Mom and my siblings affection. It was impossible not to like her.

I hadn't realized earlier but now that I looked around I felt like I had to come to a candy store. The living room table was filled with chocolates and ice creams. I also saw various candies and a raw cut mango. I cringed seeing the mango. I looked up to see Erica looking nervously down and I immediately went to her side.

"Why are you here Ethan? Christine won't like you coming here." She said looking away from me. My heart broke seeing her like that.

"I missed you." I spoke my true feelings to her. I had missed her like crazy.

"Oh, you missed me? Sure you did. After all that you have done, you have no right to come here and say that you missed me." She spoke crying. I couldn't see her crying and immediately took her in my arms. She stepped away before I could feel her.