chapter 15

NATE'S POV-

As soon as I stepped out of my car a guy enveloped me in a bear hug. "What the hell", I quickly pushed him away when the realisation hit me that it was Jake and with that all the memories came rushing past me.

*Flashback*

"But he's not good for you",Jake yelled.

"You're not my mom-dad. You have no right to decide whats good for me and what isn't"I yelled back.

"Look Nate,"he came closer to me and cupped my cheeks "I can see that he's only using you for his selfish motives.  He's a bloody gold digger."

I slapped his hands away and whispered with finality, "Don't you dare call him a gold digger. Okay first of all you don't know him and secondly you are just jealous because you like me so I can very well see who is the selfish person here."

His face fell. He opened his mouth then closed it. Then opened it again and closed it. Finally he said "Okay, So I think you have made your decision for now. You chose him over our 7 years of friendship. But mark my words Nate he's going to break your heart and you're gonna come back to me and imma welcome you back with open arms but for now its a goodbye" he said and disappeared completely from my life until now.

*Flashback Ends*

I completely ignored him and went inside the house to call Rose. "In the backyard," she yelled.

I stormed towards the backyard.
"Colton said that you were going to come to the farmhouse yesterday evening but now you suddenly  called me here and what the hell is he doing here," I screamed pointing towards Jake.

"I....," he started but was rudely interrupted by me.

"Nobody asked you. I am asking my dear sister here."

"Nate, he's sorry for what happened back then. But now he's here to apologize and make up for the lost time. Just listen to what he has to say," Rose looked at me with hopeful eyes.

"Listen here Rose I seriously am over whatever happened 5 years ago and I don't wanna keep any links with my past so please tell him to go back" I spoke and crossed my arms.

"Please Nate just let me explain once. I have a very valid reason to disappearing for 5 years please just..."but I cut him off. "No Jake,I don't want to listen to any of your apologies or reasons. All men are same. They promise you millions of things but then just disappear or run away." I was clearly annoyed now.

Just then I saw Cole coming towards us. I narrowed my eyes at him but inwardly I was a little happy to see that he followed me here. What! No,I should be angry at him. I don't want his concern for me. I was perfectly capable of taking care of myself.

"Oh Cole you're here too"Rose said clearly amused.

"She forgot her clothes and other stuff over there. I came to return them"he replied confidently. But I could see through his fake confidence that he was  hiding something.

"Okay whatever Cole he is Jake Willows, Jake he's the Cole I was talking about"Rose introduced them to each other. They shook their hands and greeted each other.

-COLE'S POV-

I did not like the guy a bit. He radiated confidence even his handshake was firm and screamed 'back off'. I hated competition but oh well what game was fun without a little competition.

"So how do you know Nate,  Jake?"I pointedly asked the blonde guy.

"Umm,I am her..."he started but was cut off by Rose."Oh he's her BEST friend. Actually they lost contact since last five years due to Jake's family issues but am sure they are gonna make up for the lost time aren't you?"she said sweetly putting extra emphasis on 'best'.