Chapter 9

Natalie's POV,          

        I groaned while laying back on the bed, shopping with Mom could be really exhausting. She is so choosy and would not even allow me to give my opinion, she would just shush me down if I get against her.

If I say that I have visited every single shop in the mall, I won't be even exaggerating. After trying almost fifteen dresses I gave up and told Mom to shop anything she wanted for me, I know it could be really dangerous because she has not shown the dress to me and was grinning like a lune when she bought it but just now I don't give a damn about it. I am really tired right now, I closed my eyes in an attempt to go to a much needed sleep.

But apparently, God was not in my favour...

My bedroom door flung open and there stood my Mom glaring at me.

Please remind me how did I forgot to lock it...

"Natalie you can't sleep right now! Don't you remember -"

I cut her off groaning. "Come on Mom we just spent four hours in the shopping mall and I have five more good hours before that stupid date, so what do you need now?." I asked her while checking the clock, it's three in the afternoon.

"Right, we have only five hours and so you should hurry up, we are going to the parlour right now."

Huh?

"What!?, Mom you are totally wrong if you think that I am coming with you anywhere right now, let alone a beauty parlour." I said clearly annoyed.

I mean we have just returned back and it's just a date not my wedding. I am not going to that place which would just take my precious time away from me and in return would cake my face and would make me look fake.

"Listen here Natalie, I am your Mom and you are going to follow my orders. Right now I want you to get ready and straight away come with me to the parlour. I know what is right for you and just now what you need is a makeover, you have a beautiful face which you have really not cared of lately. Sorry if it hurts you but last time you looked beautiful was during Rose's wedding. So just get up and come with me, enough of resting." She said firmly with a look that said 'Don't-even-think-of-going-against-me'.

I sighed while nodding and getting up, Mom left soon after that.

I stood in front of the mirror and analysed myself. Mom was right, After whatever happened with Cole and the tension I have gone through while saving my business I have completed neglected myself. Speaking of that, I convinced the board members to give an another chance to me to fulfill their demands and I am working my a*s of lately to try and secure my business. I hardly get time to relax, managing so much work as a businesswoman is not an easy game, but then again I would do anything for the CEO post.

I sighed loudly. I think I really need a break and about the date, I don't think it is a bad idea. It would be a great chance to execute my plan. Surely, making Cole fall for me won't be easy but I am not going to tolerate failure at any cost. He took away my dignity, my self-respect and everything that mattered most in my life away from me. Nothing is more valuable to a girl than her dignity, now everything I feel towards that jerk is hatred. Pure hatred. I envy myself for giving on to him, I spended a good enough of time wallowing in self-pity and self-hatred but now it's over. I know the night was not only his mistake but also mine, I have got my punishment but not him and I will make sure to give him that.

I brushed off the lone tear from my cheek, I am gonna take revenge from him at any cost.

With that thought in my mind I went downstairs where Mom was waiting for me impatiently...