Chapter 6: Two Loves

Depuis le début

Another nurse knocks and walks in. They both handle my bed as they transfer me to a surgery room. Elvis walks by my side holding my right hand. He glances back at me and rubs my stomach with his other hand.

"Our little one's gonna grow up big and strong, alright satnin?" He assures leaning closer to me.

I nod as he kisses my forehead with his mask. We make it to the room, I squeeze his hand as the nurses turn my bed. The lights are bright as we enter. The room felt sterilized and eerie. I breathe in deep one last time as I see a surgeon carefully sliding his gloves on. The nurses help turn me as my doctor, walks in with a huge syringe. I grunt as I realize that's the epidural, Elvis takes both my hands in his and he makes me keep my eyes set on his icy eyes. I shut my eyes taking in the pain as the needle goes through my spine. Elvis' head hangs low as I snap back into reality. I lie on my back with an uneasy feeling. The numbing already takes a hold of everything below my waist.

Next, the nurses cover my view on my soon to be gory stomach, I look up at Elvis as his eyes grow with worry. He strokes my hair as the surgeon and my doctor are side by side and in front of my stomach. I feel the cold scalpel hit my skin but don't feel any pain. I breathe in easy as I smile up wearily to Elvis.

"I don't feel a thing." I whisper as his eyes grow glossy.

He nods and kisses my forehead.

"You're doing amazing, satnin." He whispers back looking behind the little cover between me and my stomach. He sighs and his eyes grow wide.

"I see the little one!" Doctor yells happily.

Elvis looks down at me with his eyes beaming. I smile small as I feel a weight being removed from my belly. Suddenly, the air fills with a soft cry.

• Narrator's POV •

The air fills with a soft cry. The nurses clean up the little one as the cry becomes louder. Elvis' tense muscles begin to relax, Marie wearily laughs making use of all the energy she has.

"Congratulations! It's a bouncing baby boy!" Doctor Phil calls out.

Marie sheds tears of joy as Elvis is called to cut the cord, he happily obliges. After cutting the little one's cord, Elvis takes his son in his arms, proud as he presents him to Marie. Marie's eyes light up and takes him into her arms. She lightly kisses his cheek and smiles wide as the boy calms his crying.

"My boy, my boy." Elvis cooed as he strokes his son's black, thick, soft hair.

Marie kisses him again as the baby stops his soft cries and yawns.

"He's already just like you." She whispers in glee.

Elvis smiles small, his mask covers his happiness. He cups his sons' chubby cheeks beaming and kisses his forehead.

"He's beautiful, just like his mother." He cooed glancing at Marie's stunning face.

Even with a miserable, tired face, she manages to look breath-taking in Elvis' eyes. Just as the baby is silenced by his mother's kisses, the doctors finish sewing up Marie. The nurses lead Elvis and Marie back to their room, with their son wrapped in Marie's arms. Before entering with the love of his life and son, Elvis dashes out the big double doors to his family and mafia. He pushes the doors, glancing at everyone in the waiting room. Everyone he knows and cares for is sitting down, staring up at him hoping for any news.

"It's a boy." Elvis exclaims removing his mask to show a beaming, proud smile.

Vernon runs up to him first, hugging his proud son, as an official proud grandfather. Elvis' Memphis Mafia crew came next. Joe, Red, Jerry and the rest gave him right bear hugs, regardless of the fact they're angry at him. Everyone is thankful for a healthy baby and a safe pregnancy. Patsy and Dodger follow up after the men, they assure Marie and the baby would be welcomed to their Bel Air home with a late baby-shower planned by them.