6: I've been up here so long I'm Going crazy

After the huntress went home,  I read the note on the pavement. It was scrunched up but obviously wrote on. Small lines were scribbled across the paper, just recognisable enough to be seen as hand writing.

The crying prince Kellin,

How odd of life to let both of us survive? My colleagues would surely think that I have killed you. I will not correct them with their spread of these rumours as it will protect you. I have realised how 600 years have made you compassionate and sweet. I hope I can see you again.

~ Charlie

Swiftly I placed the note inside my pocket. Despite the fact I knew that my sister would see me at school, I was happy Charlie was going to get rid of the hunters for a while. I walked back inside and Gabe was getting his hunting gear on. So was jack. Do they just carry that everywhere? Is it like in a pocket dimension following them around.

"What's with the gear?"

I walked and sat next to a particularly sharp stake. It was intimidating and I'm glad they weren't trying to kill me this minute because truthfully I would be dead.

"We have to be at the base by 10. Van Helsing gets mad if we don't."

I lifted my eyebrow. Van Heslsing must have been a nickname or I'm skipping town. Maybe that was dramatic but I didn't care.

"Of course, it's not the guy who killed Dracula. He is her ancestor however." Gabe spoke reaching into his bag.

"So she's still got the kill all of us vibe though. Because that terrifies me."

"She probably wouldn't kill you."

"Thanks for the comfort Jack."

I noticed Gabe hardly able to touch a locket. His skin was steaming and burning. Unsurprisingly, I had to put a stop to it. Why was I so empathetic?

"Jack, tell Gabe he doesn't need that locket."

Jack sat for a second like he was waiting to make a decision. He looked at Gabe's hand- it was burning. Blisters were appearing all over it.

"Gabe. Please, you don't need to wear it. I'll just tell the others you lost it." Jack spoke lightly. "It's only to stop bites and it's not like you're gonna be bitten anyways."

"Okay."

Moments later they rushed out of the door. This would be a perfect time to teach Mike on what hunters were. I ran over to Vic's house. The door was answered by a man who looked like an older version of Vic. He was probably his father. Vic walked to the door.

"Oh, Kellin are you here to tutor Mike." Vic asked awkwardly hoping I would pick up on whatever he was trying to do.

"What, Yeah, Can I come in?"

Vic was about to say yes but his father was giving me a stern look. He looked judgementally towards me and it was kind of scary. I may have had the power of a 660 something year old vampire but I had the physical appearance of a bratty teenage boy.

"You sound confused about that. I will allow you in but you have to prove yourself"

Vic's dad allowed me in and Vic took me upstairs into Mike's room. Mike was sorting out his washing basket. He seemed to be taking out his jeans. And tee shirts.

"Hey. I'm here to help you with your history. Do you still have the book I gave you?"

"You mean the leather one. Yeah. How old is it?"