Fink | I

And in the rustling red, brown, yellow leaves of the beautiful autumn, arisen from the dark, muddy grounds up to the infinite and mysterious pink colors of the azure, did Adrian lean against the trunk of an old tree that yet dared to blossom its wondrously lilac and white flowers; all just to figure out where did the uncomfortable sounds of clashing skin and the ridiculously loud moans of pleasure came from.

          The twenty year old released a defeated sigh, one that almost derived from very within her heart. Such event didn't remind her of her lonely life. No. Instead, it reminded her of humankind's stupidity. Knowing that there is a Helheim living by their village, able to rip their guts out in a single move, that couple yet went out to the middle of the forest to make love? She almost wanted not to bring them back to the village, for the monster to devour them whole during the coming night.

          The muscular woman then departed her dry, slim lips to run her wet tongue over them. Her right hand slipped into a small sheath that hung from her hip to retrieve a worn-out knife, one she had stolen from a thief she was told to kill some time ago.

          The irony.

          Luckily, she had left her armor back at the village, causing her way further into the forest and towards the lovey-dovey couple far easier than she had originally expected. Her bandaged left hand held the small weapon tightly; attractive pale complexion serious as she made way throughout the foggy and chilly environment. Her sleeveless black, red and yellow dashiki hung loosely over her abdomen, for Adrian walked in tippy-toes; forced to hunch her back. While she made the tip of her weapon graze the barks of the following trees, and while her leather boots pressed onto the hardening terrain as the remainder of the leaves crunched underneath them, she crouched on her heels to listen for a second time.

          Right at where seemed to be the area behind the trees she crouched by, loud pantings and utterly naïve chuckles resounded from. It sickened Adrian, truthfully, and the desire for their death grew even stronger. She managed to simply roll her eyes as she stood, however, to officially make an appearance and end the couple's fiesta. But, that was exactly when an ear piercing scream caught her off guard; causing her to grimace at the dissatisfaction of such perplexing sound. A throng of flapping wings made Adrian look up at the sky then, and she found herself feeling antsy over the, rather, distressing musical thrill that followed the powerful wings. They were a flock of grey and brown plumaged birds that dotted the gorgeous pink colors in an escape—or so it seemed in her eyes.

          Quickly, she darted at such great speed that, fearfully, she was unable to anticipate a few feet ahead of her.

          One would think that the birds' escape were simply the consequence of the scream, but for someone as experienced as Adrian, it was most likely the work of a perceived presence, that of a varmint Helheim. And it was no good news. She had trusted the villagers information which, undoubtedly, had stated that the monster would only attack during the night. But, even so, with no armor and only her knife to depend on, she wished for a miracle as she wasted no more time and proceeded to appear at the show. After all, the most reasonable theory toward the Helheim's present appearance was that no one had gone off to the forest, all except the couple whom had the demented idea to do so, unaware of the threat they were giving.

          Adrian had the option to turn back and get her trusted things for a definite win, but there was a huge possibility that the monster would follow her way there—if not distracted eating the couple—and, not only would she be providing it with a new dining hour to season the village, but it would taint her label as a trusted mercenary for bringing the monster at the place where it was most feared.