Plates

[A/N: Josh had this idea to make a egghunt, since this chapter was made for Easter. So yeah, you might recognize some of the characters.]

Artemis' day had begun like any other day. She had awoken - or at least, a god's version of 'waking', whick was more akin to regaining consciousness from a voluntary coma - before the rest of her hunt, and took the liberty of setting up their breakfast. As she walked past the tents, she smiled at the silver triangles. This was her home, her family. She wouldn't trade it for anything.

Strolling into the dining pavilion, the goddess began setting up the plates for her hunters. The goddess of the moon set them each, one at a time, silently naming who she assumed would be sitting at each particular position.

The Olympian had made it a sort of game; making a hobby of predicting seating choices of her hunters for every meal. More often than not, her guesses would be spot on.

She began at the head of the table with her own plate; she might be a goddess who didn't specifically need food to survive, but she rather enjoyed interacting with her hunters, and most seemed to be truly open when stuffing their face with food. (Although it was often a slight inconvenience when all that came out of her hunters' mouths were a mixture of flying foods and gibberish.) Artemis smiled at that thought.

Going towards the opposite side of the table, she placed down a plate for her lieutenant, Zoe. To her left was a plate for Phoebe, and then Rachel Berry.

Artemis paused, looking at the innocent plate. Perhaps... it wouldn't be the best idea to put Rachel next to Phoebe while eating vegan girl would have no end to her criticisms if she were to be seated beside Phoebe of all people.

Instead, Artemis reassigned the seat (in her mental checklist) to another one of her hunters, the thirteen year old Pacifica Northwest. The caucasian blonde from Oregon was probably one of the most dignified, when it came to all things include hygiene to fashion to her food. Artemis decided it would balance the table out if Pacific would be to dine here. It was a bit of a surprise at first to Artemis when the young daughter of Apollo - at a mere age of thirteen - would be far more neat and tidy compared to some of her other hunters who were centuries older. Although seeing as her background was initially that of a rather spoiled rich kid whose adoptive parents had been murdered and her home (*cough* mansion) had been raided completely, leaving only the lonely young girl in it. Alone. Since discovering her heritage, being a daughter of Apollo, the blonde girl began work at being the main healer for the hunters.

Artemis then placed Rachel's plate beside Pacifica's. Rachel was probably the only hunter who felt no hatred to the male gender. She was a strong, independent girl and she was also one of only two mortals that were in the current hunt. She did not hate boys, in fact, before she joined the hunt, she had been rather boy-crazy, but that toned down considerably whence she began interacting with the rest of the hunters.

Beside her was the plate for the other mortal, and youngest (physically) of the hunters, Arya Stark. The eleven year old firecracker was gifted with the bow, but lacked any real skill with a blade. Artemis had found the girl orphaned and abandoned during the medieval ages in an alley near the middle of London. Artemis had offered the girl a family. The young girl of eight (at the time) had jumped at the opportunity and never looked back. Artemis had officially made her a hunter three years hence.

Next came a rather surprising name. Juliet Capulet, daughter from an affair of Aphrodite and the Lord of the Capulet family. The young girl had been found at the age of fourteen by Artemis, after the death of her lover. (Some lovesick idiot named Romeo. ) Juliet had joined Artemis in the year 1303 in Italy and had forsaken love like the rest of the hunters.