Dance

The oak doors groaned open, and the three demigods stepped into the entry hall in a swirl of snow.

The inside of the boarding school was just as terrifying as he remembered, The place was huge. The walls were lined with battle flags and weapon displays: antique rifles, battle axes, and a bunch of other stuff. Thalia was rubbing her silver bracelet, her favorite magic item; she fully expected a fight.

Annabeth started to say, "I wonder where—"
The doors slammed shut behind us.

"Oo-kay," Percy mumbled, sticking to character. "Guess we'll stay awhile."

They could hear music echoing from the other end of the hall. It sounded like dance music. Of course, Percy already knew where the Di Angelo kids would be located... Percy's breath hitched...

Bianca and Zoë were still alive..! Even if he changed nothing else in his second chance... Bianca and Zoë were not going to die... not when he was going to do something about it...

They stashed their overnight bags behind a pillar and started down the hall. They hadn't gone very far when Percy heard footsteps on the stone floor, and a man and woman marched out of the shadows to intercept them.

They both had short gray hair and black military-style uniforms with red trim. The woman had a wispy mustache, and the guy was clean-shaven, just like last time. They both walked stiffly, like they had broomsticks taped to their spines. "Well?" the woman demanded. "What are you doing here?"

Percy smirked as a pretty cool idea hit him. Taking a step forward, he snapped his fingers. Percy could feel a gust of wind ripple from his hand, washing over all of them, making the banners rustle on the walls

"Oh, but we're not visitors, sir," Percy said, using the same words Thalia would've. "We go to school here. You remember: I'm Percy. And this is Annabeth and Thalia. We're in the eighth grade."

The male teacher narrowed his heterochromic eyes. Of course Percy knew that the manticore could see through the ripple in the mist he had created, but it had worked the last time and besides... Manipulating the mist was pretty badass. He could remember how surprised he was when Thalia had done the same thing the last time he had experienced these events

He looked at his colleague. "Ms. Gottschalk, do you know these students?"

Percy had to bite back his laughter, he had completely forgotten about Ms. Got Chalk.

The woman blinked, like someone had just woken her up from a trance. "I... yes. I believe I do, sir." She frowned at us. "Annabeth. Thalia. Percy. What are you doing away from the gymnasium?"

Before they could answer, Percy heard more footsteps, and Grover ran up, breathless. "You made it! You—"

He stopped short when he saw the teachers. "Oh, Mrs. Gottschalk. Dr. Thorn! I, uh—"

"What is it, Mr. Underwood?" said the man. His tone made it clear that he detested Grover. "What do you mean, they made it? These students live here."

Percy chuckled under his breath, he had almost forgotten that Grover was a total klutz before he was burdened with the responsibilities of the lord of the wild.

Grover swallowed. "Yes, sir. Of course, Dr. Thorn. I just meant, I'm so glad they made... the punch for the dance! The punch is great. And they made it!"

Percy almost facepalmed at how lame the excuse was.

Mrs. Gottschalk interjected dreamily, "Yes, the punch is excellent. Now run along, all of you. You are not to leave the gymnasium again!"