N I N E

"Shit," she gasped. You didn't know if that was good or bad, but when she broke apart, you saw she was regretting it, fuck.

"It's fine, don't worry," you said almost inaudibly, feeling hurt and disappointed. She kissed you; she fucking kissed you like you had never been kissed before and now she was regretting it. Way to go. You looked down but firm hands held your face and you were soon met with hungry and urgent lips that were kissing you roughly. It didn't last long because Kendall was soon out of your grip and a few inches away from you.

"We can't do this," the brown-eyed girl hesitantly mumbled while scratching the back of her neck, something she did when she was either nervous or anxious. "This is a bad idea," you partly agreed because you would be on the road with this girl for god knows how long and you didn't know how things would turn out. But still, the desire to be with her was way much bigger than any thought that crossed your mind. "I will hurt you because I'm fucked up, you don't deserve that."

"You are not fucked up," you defended her.

"I am," she exasperatedly said with teary eyes. Even though it was dark and you could barely see her, you knew she was hurting. Her broken voice was enough for you to know that this was hard for her too. "Look, we can't deny that there is some...uhm, attraction between us," you nodded. "But we can't let that get the best of us, otherwise this trip is going to be ruined."

"Alright," you sighed, her words somehow convincing you. You understood why she was saying this; at some point she was going to leave and you were going back to San Francisco. It would end up in heartbreak for both of you. At least, you knew that Kendall was attracted to you but what was the point of it if nothing would happen. The problem was that you didn't know anything about love, you didn't know if it was just a crush or if you were falling for her, you didn't fucking know and it was driving you crazy. "We should head back to the hotel," you suggested and she nodded, following your lead.

The walk back to the village was quiet, none of you were talking but it wasn't awkward. You were submerged in your thoughts and Kendall seemed to be deep in thought too. You were going back to a double bed and after what happened that was a bad idea. However, you both were so exhausted that you were sure nothing could happen. You assumed it was late because there was no one in the surroundings of the village and the entrance of the hotel was empty. You wonder how long you spent out there, gazing at the stars, kissing your favorite girl. You finally made it to the small elevator that always succeeded in making the tension between you and Kendall grow impossibly heavy that it seemed it hanged in the air. Even though her body was so close to yours, you tried to bear with the desire of crashing your lips together. Luckily, soon enough, you were out of the elevator and making your way towards the room that was going to make things more awkward. 

"I'm gonna call my parents," you informed.

"Okay, I'll take a quick shower," she locked herself up in the bathroom and you dialed your parents numbers. After two tones, they picked up.

"We were wondering when you were going to call us," your mom complained.

"I'm sorry, I have been doing so much stuff lately," you explained. "How's dad?"

"He's okay, he's sleeping and you know how he loves to sleep," you nodded to yourself.

"So... mom," you began. You wanted to tell her that you were not alone on the road, that Kendall was with you. The only thing you didn't like about all this is that you were going to lie to them. If they found out Kendall was a completely stranger that you picked up on the route, they'd freak out. Instead you were going to make up that Kendall was one of your best friend's neighbor. "I was at the canyon today and I saw Y/B/F/N's childhood neighbor and she came up to me and we started talking. She told me she was alone on the road too and that she's going in the same direction that I am, so I suggested that if she wanted to tag along, she was welcome and she said yes," you articulated too quickly.