|8|

× HIGH SCHOOL - GYM ×

Mock exams in progress. School students sit in rows of single desks, their heads in their exam papers.
Taehyung is sat on one of the last desks. He’s struggling with the exam paper.
He looks to his right and there about ten feet away is a door with a green exit sign above it.
Taehyung turns back to his paper. His pen runs out. The boy searches in his ruck sack that’s at his feet and produces another pen.
He tries to write with it but nothing. Taehyung shakes the pen. He tries again. Instead of ink the pen writes with blood. It leaks all over his exam paper.
Taehyung looks up and tries to speak. Even though his mouth moves, nothing comes out.
All the other school students in front of him stop writing. In unison they put their pens down, turn their heads around and stare at him. They are all rabid zombies : pale skin, pin prick eyes, they're terrifying.
Taehyung shoots up as the Rabid Zombie Students get to their feet.
He looks to his right at the door with the exit sign above. He could flee and make it to safety, easily, but he doesn't. He searches in his ruck sack and finds his trusty silver colt pistol.
The rabid zombie students advance.
Taehyung pulls back the hammer, aims and pulls the trigger. Nothing. The Colt doesn’t fire. The Rabid Zombie Students continue to advance.
Taehyung checks the chamber. The chamber's fully loaded. He closes the chamber, aims and tries again. He pulls the trigger. Nothing.
Taehyung looks over at the EXIT. He could just make it to the door if he were to run. NOW. But he doesn’t. He turns back to the horde and aims again at one of the Rabid Zombie Students that are almost upon him. Taehyung pulls the trigger. Nothing.
It is way too late to flee to the EXIT. Now he has no choice and must fight.
Taehyung desperately and frantically pulls the trigger over and over again. No bullets fire. The Rabid Zombie Students engulf him.

× Taehyung's bedroom ×

Taehyung wakes up drenched in sweat. He lays there. Coming back
to reality. He controls his shallow breaths. Calms. Taehyung gets up. We see that he sleeps on a bath towel over the sheet. It’s soaked through.

"Taehyung ! Breakfast !", yells Jae.

He grimaces. The last thing he wants to do is eat. Or move.

× Kitchen ×

Taehyung enters, dressed in his school uniform, to see his mom and his brother Jimin wearing french style berets.
Taehyung looks at them perplexed.

"It wasn’t my idea.", says Jimin to his brother.

Jae appears wearing a full french costume: Beret, Onion necklace, striped top. He looks like an offensive extra from the TV show ‘Allo ‘Allo.

"It was mine!", says Jae, beaming.

"What the fuck?"

Yon rolls her eyes at Taehyung's bad language.

"Special farewell meal for your
brother."

Taehyung remembers. How could he forget? His brother’s off to
France today. He sees Jimin's big suitcase propped up. He sits down at the table. Jar puts a beret on his head and goes to tend to the frying breakfast.

"How you feeling?", asks Taehyung.

"Excited and nervous all at the same time.", answers Jimin.

Jae puts on a french song on the CD player.

"Bet you're gonna miss all this?",says Taehyung, sarcastic.

Jimin and him share a smile.
Jae comes over with the pain.

"Here we go. Bon appetit."

And he starts dishing out french toast to everyone. Including Jimin.

"Uh, Dad...", starts Jimin.

Jae remembers that his son doesn’t eat. He mumbles “Oh, yeah” and puts Jimin's French Toast on Taehyung's plate.

"Eggy bread?", asks the boy.

"French toast. Traditional Gallic
breakfast."