Chapter Fourteen

"That date really was something! I would've never thought my first date would of been quite like this-" just before I can thank Dan he interrupts me with a perplexed look, "wait... this is your first date? Ever?"

"Well, yes. What were you expecting? Me to go on a date with every guy I have a quickie with?" Honestly, that made me sound awful! But it was true. There was no point lying about the amount of guys I've been with so why beat around the bush? If guys get praised for the amount of girls they 'pull' what's the problem with a girl being honest about their sexual adventures?

"I admire your honesty Mai, I really do" he chuckles like I'd just made a joke. What is it with guys!

We were just pulling up to our apartment complex. It was around this time I really was grateful for us living in the same complex as it meant there was no extra driving, or public transport needed.

Dan parked in a spot right next to the building, where every resident could park without a fine.

Just as I was about to open the car door I saw Dan rush around to my side and open it for me.  I guess for some, even for the likes of someone like Dan, chivalry isn't dead.

"Today has been fun, thanks" I smile up at him and in return he gives me a small lop-sided grin. It wasn't one of those heart-wrenching, sexy smiles, but instead was one of those cheesy, cute smiles.

"We should hang out more often. It's good when neither of us are drunk, or in a rough situation" he mumbles as we reach for the door at the same time, but Dan managing to out do me and open it, "ladies first"

"Perhaps you should go first then" I snort at my own joke,

"Very funny" Dan mumbles trying to keep a straight face, "aww, i see your smile, Dan, no point in hiding it!"

Our short banter comes to an end when we reach my apartment, but if I'm honest I don't want our fun to end just yet. I'm not tired either.

"Hey, want to come in? We could watch a movie or something." I question,

"It's kind of late..."

"Just another reason why we should!"

"I mean... sure, why not?"

I squeal and grab his arm dragging him inside before he even had a chance of changing his mind. My mind was exploding with movies we could watch. A chick-flick, horror, comedy, or Disney. My instant go-to movie was of course either a Disney film, or chick-flick, but I'm guessing the known 'bad guy' wouldn't be interested in any of that.

"So, Dan, what film? I have Disney!"

"How about no? What about a horror, you must have at least one horror!"

"Well... that wasn't my original choice, but I do have Conjuring?" I shout to him as I gather snacks from the kitchen, whilst he was sat on the couch.

"That's fine" he shouts back in his deep voice.

Oh, god I hate horrors. So cliché isn't it? But how can anyone love the idea of things popping out on a screen in the middle of a film?! Then it stays with me for a solid week, leaving me to hide under my duvet covers whenever I hear a noise similar to the one on the film. Is it really only me who does this?

As I gather Doritos, popcorn and some drinks I walk back and plop myself next to Dan.

"Move your damn feet, you heffalump!" I huff as he stretches his legs out right behind my back. Gross.

"Nah, I'm pretty comfy."

"Okay, no food for you then..." I mumble as I move to sit on the floor.

"Actually, I think there's enough room for you,"

Just shows that food really is all boys think about. I take back what I said, chivalry is dead.

I put the DVD into my TV player and sit back into the small space I had and press play.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Half way through the film and my eyes were drooping, whilst my pillow I had used to cover my face many times was perched on my lap.

I was no longer paying attention to the film as my head was rested comfortably on Dan's shoulder. It didn't seem as if he minded, but there was no telling. However, I didn't care whether he minded or not. The only way I was moving is if he physically forced me to.

Sure enough my eyes had closed fully and my bodily functions were slowly fading as I fell asleep. It took a lot to hear the few words that Dan muttered, but I did hear it and my heart hurt hearing it.

"I prefer this you, Mai"

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hey, I'm so so so so sorry for not updating for awhile and I know I say this every time, but I really do mean it.

I really did start this book off of reading so many others and wanting to try it out myself and I never expected anyone to actually want to read it. So if I'm honest I had no real idea where the story line was going, or even is! But I'm trying and I will get there, but you'll just have to stick with me :)

Thank you for being so kind!