Chapter Eight

And that is how the following days went. I would party, possibly get high, bring random guys home, even though I know it was wrong and I was being a whore well no - whore is a massive under statement. I couldn't help it.

Tonight, however was different. I was visiting my 'dad' for the first time in 7 years since what happened that screwed my family up so bad.

I would say I was being unwillingly forced, but I wasn't. I was going to this fucked up mans place just so I can see how wonderful and perfect his life is compared to mine. He left me in the lurch for years letting me go through all I did without blinking an eye.

He left my mum behind and forgot about her! I mean my mum wasn't amazing, yet she was enough for me. I loved her and I know although she got mad at me a lot she loved me and I thought the same went for my dad until... It happened.

It was 3:30pm and I had agreed to meet my dad at 5, so I jumped into the shower sadly not having enough time for a bath and chose an outfit.

I slid on my extremely tight skinny black ripped jeans, a black and white striped crop top, my light blue denim jacket and laced up my combat boots.

I left my hair natural with a few waves, but mostly straight and just used minimal makeup of only foundation and mascara. Honestly, I'm not even going to try with this waste of oxygen/space (my dad).

Once I've finished getting ready I grab my black leather ruck sack type of thing and put my necessities inside and head out.

It was now 4:58 and it takes 15-20 minutes to get there. I'm late, but I don't give a flying bat shit. He can wait if he's that desperate to show me his new toy, that'll last about 6-8 months before he chucks it away like nothing. Yes, I'm calling another human 'it' but if she has any brain then she'll know there'll be no good things that will come away by being with my dad.

Once the yellow taxi pulls up outside my dads 'mansion', you would call it I think. I mean it has so many bedrooms I can't remember how many, bathrooms that are even bigger than my bedroom back at the apartment and the garden you could probably place 10 average 4 bedroomed houses in... So, I guess it classifies as a fairly good sized mansion.

I press the bell and await for most likely a maid to scurry out in their hideous robes.

Just as I thought a few mere seconds passed before the door flew open and there standing in all her glory was a maid.

"Welcome, mam. Come in..." I will never get used to being called 'madam', or 'mam'. Honestly, it sounds so weird? I can tell you now I despised when anyone chose to call me it,

"Oh god, no. My name is Maisie please call me that!" I laughed half-joking half-serious.

"Ok mam" I mentally face palmed, but decided to ignore her comment and carry on throughout the mansion. I knew my way around easily enough, I had come a few times before. Well, that was when he didn't start running off with his...prostitutes...

I reach a set of modern, obviously well dusted set of white double doors. Just as I'm about to take a step closer to open them - gathering they're the way through to the dining area - a door swings open revealing my dad.

"D-dad?" I talk in a hushed tone,

"Maisie, you came!" My dad cheered with a grin so big it distorted his face.

I saw his arms open and him walk forward attempting to hug me. "No, dad. I don't want a hug, you don't get to leave me for years by myself and then when I visit you think you can hug me. It doesn't work like that."