7. Dare He

((A/N: 200+ reads and 10+ votes. I love your loyalty!))

Jake-the-idiot kissed me. I can't believe he had the guts to do that after nearly eight years of abusing me! So I pushed him away and slapped him. I growled threateningly at him.

"How DARE you! How DARE YOU! How dare you kiss me after ABUSING me and REJECTING me!" I screamed. I grabbed the plate of donuts, and ran to the guest house.

**********

I ran into the guest house covered in flour and powder sugar.

"KELSIE! I MADE DONUTS!" I screamed. I heard 5 sets of feet come running down. All my main friends were here.

"Oh hi Kelsie," I said sarcastically.

"Hi alpha!" Nick replied in a high pitched voice.

"Shut your pie hole a*shole" I said to him.

"Someone's in a bad mood." He grumbled. I pinched his arm. Ya, it might seem juvenile, but I needed to calm down and relax. He yelped.

"What was that for?!?" he asked, rubbing his arm where I pinched him. I hit the back of his head, and ran.

"I'm gonna get you!!" He screamed and ran after me. I squealed.

**********

I woke up and groaned. I was in a white room and Jake was holding my hand. I couldn't have been able to tell if it wasn't for the sparks. What the heck happened last night? Wait. Oh crap.

***FLASHBACK***

I squealed as Nick chased after me.

"Let's race!" I said and giggled.

"Okay!!! Where to?" He asked me.

"Fighting arena!" I screamed!

"Ugh!" He groaned.

"Come on you big baby!" I said to him.

"Ready" he said.

"Set!" I said.

"GO!" we said in unison as we took off.

When we got to the arena, we started sparring. I obviously won. I laughed.

"Can we go swimming?" He whined. I nodded and led him to the pool area. I slipped on some water an blacked out, my blood pooling around me.

***END FLASHBACK***

I pulled my hand away from Jake, so I could take the oxygen thingie out of my nose. This place brought back too many bad memories of beatings. Jake stirred.

"Sara?" Jake mumbled.

"What?" I asked, but it came out as a pathetically hoarse whisper.

He jumped. Obviously he wasn't expecting me to answer, either that or he was dreaming.

"Sara. You're awake?" He asked. I nodded, afraid to talk. "Are you okay?" He asked and I shook my head.

"No." I croaked. I felt my eyes get heavy, even if I did just wake up.

"I love you Sara." Was the last thing I heard, as he placed a kiss on my forehead, and I slipped back into darkness.

**********

{Jake's POV}

"I love you Sara." I whispered as I placed a gentle kiss on her forehead.

The doctor came in after he knocked.

"How's she doing?" He asked. I shook my head.

"She woke up for a few minutes." I told him.

"That's better than yesterday, she didn't even wake up." He told me. I nodded.

"She still won't forgive me." I whispered.

'Don't worry. Her wolf wants to.' Wes said.

'How do you know?' I asked.

'Katy told me.' Katy was Sara's wolf.

'Are you sure?' I asked and I could sense him nod.

'You better not be lying.' I told him.

'I'm not Jake. Now go to sleep. I will make sure Katy keeps Sara asleep until you wake up' I nodded and went into the seat next to Sara and took her hand.

And slept.

**********

{Kim's POV}

I walked to the pack hospital to visit Sara. I've been visiting her at least once every few hours. Sure it had only been a day, but both packs were anxious about their alphas being so vulnerable.

"You okay?" Someone asked as they wrapped their arms around my waist.

"Ya. I'm fine John." I told my mate. I leaned back into him and smiled. "I'm fine Hun." I said again.

"If you're sure." He said hesitantly.

"I am." I told him.

"Okay baby doll." He said to me.

***********