AE - 14

{Sara's POV}

Thankfully, I didn't have to get dolled up like Sam did. I grinned.

I looked down at my outfit.

Too big t-shirt, comfortable jeans, and a pair of shoes that were getting quite worn. I laughed.

The doorbell rang from downstairs.

"I'll get it!" I screeched, as I ran down the stairs, not caring if I tripped. I quickly ran and opened the door.

"Hey. I'm here to pick up Samantha." The deep voice of my brother spoke.

"Yeah. I know. Now huggy!" I said and wrapped my arms around him.

He chuckled and hugged me back.

"SAM!" I screeched suddenly.

"Oh geezer sis. Ears. Need to hear." Mike said.

"Yeah. Got it." I said, unraveling myself from his embrace. I grinned and looked to the stairs where Sam was coming down.

I saw the instance their eyes met.

"Mate"

They whispered it simultaneously.

"Well. Have fun. I take credit for this. Don't die. Ummm. Home by 10. Yada Yada Yada. Yeah. Now go." I said and pushed Sam towards Mike. He smiled at her.

"M'lady," he said as he bowed and took one of her hands and kissed it. She giggled. "May I escort you to your dinner?" He asked and held out his arm.

She nodded and smiled softly and took his arm.

As soon as they left, I shut the door and slid down it, giggling like a schoolgirl.

I was still there some time later when a knock came at the door. I stood up and opened the door.

"Hey Sara." Richards smooth voice whispered. I smiled.

"Hi. You ready?" I asked, grabbing my purse and phone, then walked out of the house, locking the door.

"Uh. Yeah. Let's go." He said, from behind me.

"So we walking?" I asked. He nodded.

"If that's alright with you."

"Well duh. Let's walk and talk. Where to?"

"The shop," he said from a little closer.

I heard him take a deep breath.

"You good?" I asked, confused.

"Hmm? Yeah." He said suddenly distracted.

I looked back at him.

I never got to see his face.

I didn't even have time to blink.

I saw darkness.