V

Looks like there is a chance she'd use that sedative she always has.

Another day, another group therapy session with Dr. Magnus Bane in your typical lazy wednesday afternoon. His loud clothing doesn't help on trying to set a calm mood in a room full of tense people -- or maybe she overthinks too much.

Baby Jessie is back in the deepest corners of Jessamine's mind, it seems. Patient 53 -- Gabriel Lightwood -- is seated facing a hand and ankle-cuffed William Herondale, who sits besides James Carstairs, looking very stiff and tense himself, wide eyes boring holes onto Herondale who seems to ignore him, fists balled and laid on to his lap. William looked as if he is processing a million things in his mind simultaneously (knowing how much of a psychopath he is, he probably does), humming to himself as he did. James looked calm enough, save for his heavy-bagged tired eyes.

Doctor Bane doesn't look too enthusiastic, either. He's brought a violin case with him today, which is odd. The two of them can sense just how heavy the tension is inside the room.

"Well," Magnus started, "It's good to see all of you here in group therapy." Tessa can find herself agreeing. The worst patients needed to be tended the most to aid them on their road to recovery, and having them participate in group is a good way to do it. These past few days, Jessamine -- or Baby Jessie -- is the only one who looks forward to these sessions, even if she isn't exactly fond of Magnus too. She told Tessa that much.

A few days in and she is already making friends, which is good.

She's on good terms with Bridget so long as she can tolerate her awful self-composed ballads which she can barely do but held on nonetheless. Sophie and her would have coffee after their respective shifts outside. She even found Doctor Bane a good listener and sweet talker not because it's expected of him but because it's his nature.

They need the most tending, and somehow that makes the job more difficult.

"Hello, Jem." Magnus averted his focus on Patient 20, who looked up back at him. "I see you made it here again."

"Yeah, I'm glad about that, too." Jem said surprisingly enthusiastically.

"How are you feeling?" Magnus asked as he pulled out a pen.

He shrugged. "I think I'm doing fine, but I suppose it depends on your standards."

William gagged at that. Jem made a face at him and nudged him lightly on his side. For once, she thought that the two of them can actually pass for normal when together. William is stable, James is stable, she thought keeping the two of them together would be for the best.

"Liar." William playfully snarled, which earned him a glare from James. He doesn't seem to notice it and went on. Gabriel on the other hand, looked like he wanted to put his fist inside William's mouth.

Tessa took note of that.

"What's the point of lying, really?" Will asked to no one in particular.

"Oh my god, William." Jessamine dryly said. "You can't just ask people why they want to lie."

Tessa would've giggled at the reference if Jessamine didn't delivered it that way.

"Speak for yourself, Jess." William wriggled his eyebrows at her. "How are your wrists doing?"

"Will." Magnus snapped. It stopped him, if only for a while. Jessamine whimpered and began rubbing her shaking wrists with each other furiously.

Magnus went to her and held her wrists down to her lap. "Calm down, Jessamine." He coaxed. "You're not in trouble." He said repeatedly. He made her count, made her breathe. At a moment's notice, she calmed down and sagged down on her chair.