"Okay, but you didn't always live over there did you? I mean, your Dad has a lot of Java Bean businesses, why couldn't it be a possibility that you use to live here and just don't remember?" I questioned him.

"From what I know, I'm not technically from here. I don't think I'm his long lost brother," Eric explained.

"Just one DNA test, you could be ending your search for your biological parents if you just take a chance," I tried to convince him.

Eric shook his head, I could tell there was no talking to him about this. His mind was made up, I could tell by the way he was talking. Why was he in such denial? I know he doesn't want to get his hopes up, but if he doesn't he might not ever finish this search. Plus, he stopped looking for his biological parents when I came into the picture. I need to help him find his parents, I won't be able to live with this guilt. I know it's not really my fault since I didn't even know he was looking, but he stopped looking because of me.

"Aaliyah, look I'm not his brother, I don't need a piece of paper to tell me that. I already know I'm not his brother, if you want to help me find my biological parents you can but it's not Adam's parents. I would really want you to get this idea out of your head, I'm not going to do a DNA test," Eric made it clear.

I laid back down on the bed, straight on my back. No matter what Eric says, I won't be able to get this out of my head. There could be a chance that Adam and Eric are related, and I do want to help him find his biological parents and family. I couldn't help but think and just order one of those DNA tests. I could easily get a strand of hair of Eric's, and I would figure out how to get one from Adam. It shouldn't be too hard.

"Alright, if you say so. I just wish you would try to open your horizons, and just think that maybe Adam and you could be related," I said to him.

"I don't want to talk about this anymore. I'm telling you I don't think I'm his brother, and I just wish you would trust me when I said that," Eric said.

"I wish you would trust me. I'm just a third person into this, and I'm telling you it seems like you could be related to him. I'll let it go though, don't worry about it," I said to him.

Eric turned around, probably going to try to fall asleep. No matter what he said, I still think they could be related. All this is too much, the puzzle pieces fit perfectly together. I just wish Eric could see it, I wish he could see that it's okay to get his hopes up just this one time at least. They pieces are here, he just needs to actually be a part of it and accept it. The more I thought about this, the more I was willing to do the test behind his back. What's the worst that could happen? If it turns out they are brothers, I'll let him know. He'll probably be so happy that he won't care I did it behind his back. If they're not related, then I won't tell him what I did and I'll just keep it to myself. I'll forget about them being related, once I get the proof that they're not related.

~*~

After having that conversation with Eric, I decided to go through with what I had planned. I ordered one of those DNA tests, and I was almost ready to send it in. I had a strand of hair from Eric, and I just needed one from Adam. Today Eric was out of town, so it was a good time to go to Java Beans. I decided not to bother Isiah for a ride this time, I could walk to Java Beans. I'll take Grace in her stroller, and it would be nice to get a walk in. After I leave Java Beans I can pass by the postal office, and send these DNA samples in.

I felt really nervous doing this without Eric's consent, but I felt like I had to do it. If I didn't I would always be wondering if Adam is Eric's brother, and my daughter's Uncle. I just wish Eric would see that they could be related, that way he'd be okay with me doing this.

I grabbed everything I needed, including the DNA test. I headed out the door, ready to take a walk to Java Beans. The walk wasn't too far, at least that's what I thought. I use to walk everywhere, or ride my longboard before I actually got rides to places. This won't be too hard. I use to walk with Hayden as well, so I should be fine. I might get a little tired since I'm no longer use to it, but I'll survive.

Grace and I got to Java Beans, fifteen minutes later. Looks like David was working today, and of course Adam was too. I wouldn't be coming here today if he wasn't, I need that DNA sample. Monica was also working, but it looked like she was on her break.

I walked into the coffee shop, and all eyes quickly went up to me. David smiled at me, and gave me a wave. Adam did the same, and Monica didn't seem to really notice me. If David tells Eric I was here today, I'll just tell him I came for a coffee. I'll tell him I needed to take a walk, and what better place to go to than here. I get free coffee anyways.

"Hey, Aaliyah, what are you doing here?" David questioned me.

"Nothing, just came for a coffee. Thought I could use a walk," I answered him simply.

David came around the counter, probably to greet Grace. David gave me a friendly hug, and his attention quickly went to Grace. Looked like she was awake, but she didn't really react to David.

"Can I take her out?" David asked.

"Sure, I'll order with Adam," I said to him.

David nodded, as if acknowledging what I said. He stated to unbuckle her, but before I could see him take her out I paid attention to the counter. Adam was behind it with a smile, probably ready for me to order.

"Hey Adam, just get me an iced vanilla latte, please," I ordered.

"Coming right up," he said.

I watched as he started to prepare the coffee. As he was doing that, I was trying to think of how I could get a strand of his hair. I knew I had to come up with something quick, before he finished making my coffee. I don't think I should stick around after my coffee's made, not if I want David to believe my whole needing a walk story. To be honest, I was tired already from that walk. Drinking that coffee will probably dehydrate me more, but I really did need this excuse to see Adam. An idea came to mind, right as Adam was finishing up my drink.

"Hey, looks like you have something in your hair," I said to him.

I walked behind the counter, and I started to grab a strand of his hair. Before he could react, I plucked it off. Adam winced, and grabbed his head where I had plucked the hair. I held the hair tight in my fingers, I couldn't lose it and embarrass myself like this again.

"Ow, what was on there?" Adam questioned.

"I have no idea, but I got it. Sorry if it hurt," I apologized.

I walked back around the counter, and by now my coffee was ready. Adam handed it to me, and I gladly took it with the hand that wasn't holding the hair.

"It's okay, it didn't really hurt. Here's your coffee though," Adam said.

"Thank you," I said to him.

I turned back to my daughter and David. He had already strapped her in her car seat, and I was thankful he was doing it and not me. I couldn't lose this piece of hair. I needed to get out of here and place it in the envelope I had.

"Take care Aaliyah, it was nice seeing you," David said.

"You too David, I'll see you around," I said to him as I placed my coffee in the cup holder of the stroller. He gave me a quick friendly hug,a don I returned it. My fingers were still holding on to the strand of hair.

I walked out of the coffee house with Grace, I just needed to get a little farther away to put away the hair. Once I turned the corner, I stopped walking. I looked down at my hand, I was happy to see the hair still there. I pulled out the envelope and placed the hair inside it. I had everything ready to mail this, to see if Adam and Eric were siblings. Part of me felt excited to do this, but the other part was very nervous. I was just hoping Eric could forgive me for doing this. I hope Adam can forgive me too.