t w e n t y n i n e - r i n

I wake up to the sound of a dinging noise coming from the kitchen. Sporting a curious look on my face, I slowly bring myself up off the couch and into the kitchen to see what's going on. It's still really early, but today we have a later call to be on set. Even so, only the first few strands of daylight filter into the kitchen as I arrive there to find Yoongi in the middle of preparing some instant ramen.

   "You're up early," I comment, totally catching Yoongi off guard.

   In response to me, Yoongi jumps and wheels around, holding a wooden spoon in my direction as if to defend himself. I just stare at him in such a ludicrous position for a moment before I burst out laughing, totally unable to take him seriously.

   "Good morning to you, too," he grumbles. I don't have enough air in my lungs to respond to him what with how hard I'm laughing, but I do try my best to squeak out a "Good morning."

   When I finally regain my composure, it's clear Yoongi is judging me harder than he ever has. "It wasn't that funny," he defends.

   "And people think you're all tough and cold," I manage, wiping a tear from my eye. Yoongi rolls his eyes and slides a bowl of ramen across the counter in my direction. I take it and dig in, thanking Yoongi for breakfast.

   "Sleep well?" He asks, taking a seat beside me at the counter. I nod through a mouthful of ramen.

   "You?" I ask.

   "Alright," he responds. "I thought a lot about Jieun's book."

   "Yeah, me, too. Isn't it so crazy how much of an effect we've had on them?"

   "It really is."

   We spend the rest of the morning eating in a comfortable silence before getting ready and driving back out to the set. Yoongi's driving again, and yet again I catch myself staring at him. The rising sun silhouettes him, giving a profile shot a fan could only dream of. I take out my phone, hoping he won't notice and snap a quick photo.

   "Why did you do that?" He questions, looking at me curiously.

   "You looked cool," I explain. "The sun framed you really well."

   "I'll look at that once I'm not driving and decide whether or not I want you to delete it."

   I just roll my eyes.

   When we arrive on set, we're greeted again by Yooheon, our director. He sends us bright smiles and then shoos us off to get hair and makeup done again. This time, though, as I'm having my hair styled, I'm greeted with a familiar voice.

   "Rin!" Exclaims the voice of the girl whose birthday I celebrated the day prior. "How are you?"

   "I'm good, Jieun-ah," I say brightly, unable to look down at her for fear of inconveniencing the stylist. "Are you excited?"

   "Absolutely. They're putting makeup on Jintae, isn't that crazy?"

   "They're gonna put makeup on everyone, Jieun."

   "Even Yoongi?"

   "Yes, even me," Yoongi remarks. Then he follows up with another question. "Are you still wearing the necklace, Jieun?"

   "Of course! I'm never going to take it off, ever."

   "Good, that's the way it should be." I glance down at the bracelet on my wrist. I'd fallen asleep with it on last night and hadn't bothered to take it off this morning. It seems that decision has worked out for me.