15: Is There Life on Mars?

Start from the beginning

"Aaron?"

"Hm?"

"Are you gay?"

"I don't think so."

"But you're not sure?"

"No, I'm not one hundred percent sure."

At that, Patrick huffed with a smirk that he couldn't help. He shook his head and turned his attention to the fallen guitar picks on the floor. 

"Where does Brendon live?" Aaron asked, redirecting Patrick's gaze to him. 

"I'm not gonna tell you that! I don't trust you with that sort of thing."

The taller of the two brothers laughed. "If you don't tell me, I'll ask Joe tomorrow. Baseball, remember?"

"I doubt that Joe knows. Seriously."

"We'll find out." Hesitation for a moment. "Who'd he cheat with?"

"You wouldn't know him."

"Fight me."

"Ryan Ross."

Aaron laughed. "We'll get around him too."

Patrick shook his head. "Whatever," he said with a small laugh. Still, all of his laughs sounded fake and bitter, like they possessed too much hurt. Okay, maybe Aaron wouldn't physically hurt Brendon, but he'd probably be able to get together the kids that played baseball with he and Joe and go wreck havoc on his house.

In fact, Aaron left early the next morning to get there ahead of Patrick (who was driving over after picking up Scott and Mitch) and unload the plan to Joe, who at the time was practicing his pitching to Andy. Still, Joe greatly approved of the plan and offered up Spencer's hippie van to take them there. Of course, none of this was told to Patrick, because he'd freak out and manage to convince them all not to do it, but that wasn't a big deal.

Baseball that day went fast. Everyone seemed to be rushing it, save Scott and Mitch, who though they were told of the plan, weren't going to go because they were going out with Patrick afterwards. 

Yet, though Patrick saw Pete, they didn't wind up saying all that much to each other. They played opposite ends of the field, it wasn't a big deal. They talked about Patrick covering another song- which was just going further towards Pete's master plan of getting his father to notice Patrick which could potentially get him signed to their record label once he was eighteen (that was his father's rules, young pop stars were unpredictable and little brats)- which they'd do tomorrow.

It may not have been a great idea for Patrick to cover Purple Rain, but Pete knew what he was doing. He knew the emotion it could provoke, and that was enough for him. It'd make for a good cover.

Though he admittedly was going to enjoy himself a hell of a lot as they tormented Brendon's house. Supposedly, according to Spencer who used to hang out with Brendon a lot, nobody was home around half an hour from when the game ended. So, that gave them enough time to go out and buy a bunch of shit from various places to keep from looking as suspicious. 

Rolling up in the Mystery Machine (Spencer's Volkswagen van was green after all) when nobody was home, the boys set to work. With a lot of them there, it was easy enough. The more nimble of the group hopped the fence and went into the backyard to wreck some havoc back there, while majority of the group stayed out front to toilet paper the house.

Of course, they were aware they'd probably get caught since they were doing it in broad fucking daylight, but Spencer's car was parked far enough away and they were being rather stealth. The whole thing took an hour and a half (almost two hours, who were they kidding) to finish, but once it was done that was that. The easiest thing to clean up would probably be the chalk message they left on the driveway, but after that they bolted.