The News

A/N I love the image above!!

~~~Nico Pov~~~

I was sitting by the archery range waiting for Will to finish the lesson he was teaching when Leo ran up behind me.

"BOO!"

"LEO!" I yelled.

"Before you kill me Chiron needs you," he explained quickly, "I don't know why he just wanted me to come get you."

"Fine, but when I'm done be ready to be killed," I threatened, "Again," I stood up and walked to the big house. I wanted to know what Chiron wanted me for.

As I walked up to the big house I got the feeling that something big was about to happen. I walked in any way.

"Nico, I see Leo found you," Chiron said as I came in.

"Yeah he did," I replied, "he also came up behind me and yelled boo. I'm assuming that wasn't part of the message."

"It was not."

"In that case, it is not my fault if you find Leo hanging from a tree unable to get down sometime soon."

"Okay, then," Chiron said hesitantly like there was something he was scared to tell me, "Nico you might want to sit down. This is going to be, well just sit down."

"I think I'll stay standing."

"Okay," Chiron said even more hesitantly. I could tell he was getting closer to telling me whatever it was he didn't want to, "Nico you have a godmother."

"You mean I have a mother who is a god? What?"

"No, I mean that your mother, Maria, said that if anything ever happened to her that someone she said would then have custody of you and your sister."

"That's not possible," It wasn't. My mother died years ago and anyone that she did would be dead anyway.

"It is," Chiron stated again, "Your godmother's name is Natasha Romanoff. She is still alive as she had her aging slowed by a Russian agency. That is as much as I can share. She will explain the rest."

"What do you mean she will explain the rest?" I had a sickening feeling about this.

"She lives in New York and will be here you pick you up in an hour and a half."

"Do I get a say in whether or not I get to go?" I already knew the answer to this question.

"No you do not," unfortunately I was right, "Go pack."

"How long will I be gone?"

"I don't know."

"So, pack everything?"

"Yes, and say goodbye so everyone doesn't think you have run off again."

"Fine," I rolled my eyes and grudgingly walked out of the big house and to my cabin. I was not looking forward to going. My godmother was probably going to be really mean and probably wouldn't let me leave the house or come to camp at all. She would also make me wear and act the way she wanted to and basically try to control my life.

Little did I know how incredibly wrong I was.