Chapter 10 - The Feast

A/N: I'm awfully sorry about not updating in a long while. It's just I have exams and I may be possibly moving country. But I'll try to update as soon as possible; I also have a new story coming out soon! It's based off of the disney film Brave, I'll try to make it to the
be best of my abilities! So on with the story, enjoy!

( Third persons pov )         
After Mikoto and Fugaku made their announcement, the crowd of the proud Uchiha clan applauded them. Most of the crowd who were known to be emotionless, could be found crying happy tears, whilst the rest of them were simply smiling proudly at the heads of their clan for allowing this young boy a real chance at life.
Itachi and Sasuke ran up to their official new little brother and gave him a huge hug, Naruto was quite startled but hugged back none the less as he was happy as well. This day was the happiest day of his life, he had finally found a family that loved him and a clan that accepted him, just as Kurama had said he would.
At the back of the crowd standing beside Shisui, Iruka and Mitzuki could be seen crying happy tears. They were invited by Mikoto because she saw good in their hearts, that they would never hurt her son and protect him from the villagers if need be.
Once everyone had settled down, Fugaku called out his good friends to bring out the traditional food, this was a feast to honor their new clan member after all. So Aka and Kai Uchiha brought food for everyone in the clan, there was enough to last the full clan an entire week. The food varied from the blonds new favorite meal Ramen, to Itachi's sweet tooth dango, and don't forget Sasuke's tomatoes.
At the top of the table sat Fugaku along with Mikoto, then Sasuke and Itachi to their left, Naruto and Shisui to their right. Shisui sat opposite Itachi whilst Naruto sat opposite Sasuke. At the second table sat Iruka and his love Mitzuki, along side Aka and Kai. But also some of their Uchiha peers that went to the academy sat along beside them, chatting away about the new Uchiha in their clan and the various foods present.
As the day went on, people started to go to work and go out for missions. But most people started to go home as they were unable to move much because if they attempted to consume another bite of the amazing food, they would pop. But before they left, Mikoto had to let them all know something every important.
"As you know this clan adoption is very important to my family and I. As most adoptions within a clan are made very public, but this one shall not. The reason for that would be because it would put Naruto in a lot of danger. So please, do not tell anyone that is not apart of our clan." She said, most of the clan nodded in understanding.
But one of the younger Uchiha's, about seven or eight years old, asked a very silly question. "But what about Iruka and Mitzuki sensei? They know, but nether of them are apart of our clan." The young one said. "That is true, little one. But my wife would never had invited them if she had believed that they would put Naruto in danger. Naruto's Senseis are different from the rest of the village, they care about my son. I believe that they will do no harm to him or tell anyone our clan secret. But if they do, I'll send Itachi after their heads" Said Fugaku with and small eye smile on his face that promised pain. Most of the clan were sweat-dropping, but Iruka and Mitzuki just silently promised to never hurt the little blond in any way, as they would prefer living and not get on the bad side of the most powerful clans in history.

( Naruto's pov )    
Once Kaa-san and Tou-san finished making their announcement, Sasuke and Itachi crushed me in a bone-crushing hug. Then Aka-san and Kai-san brought us our food because they were happy to welcome me into the clan. They made ramen just for me, because Iruka-nii told them how much I liked it last night.
In Kaa-san's speech, she said I had Uchiha blood running threw my veins... So maybe I could get the Sharingan just like them, yeah, that would be cool. She also told them not to tell anyone about me being an Uchiha because that could put me in danger...
'Did you hear Kaa-san, Kurama? I have the same blood as them in my veins! Isn't that cool?!' I asked her with a grin as I entered my mindscape.
"Sure is Kit, you could maybe even have the same eyes as them." She told me.
'Yeah, then I could be just like Ita-nii. His eyes are my favorite!' I told her as a small smile appeared on my face.
"And why is that Kit?" She asked. 'Well because his eyes would always calm me down after of the villagers attacked me.' I said. She gave me a small sad smile and indulged me into a bone crushing hug with one of her tails. "Maybe one day you will have the same eyes as him and you'll be able to calm him down" She told me. 'Yeah, maybe...' I said as I yawned.
"You should tell them that you are tired Kit, you and Sasuke look sleepy after today's events. Go and get some rest, maybe Itachi could train you later after a nap. " She said. I just simply nodded as I gave her a hug, then I left my mindscape. 'Talk to you later, Kurama' I said.
When I came out of my mindscape, I opened my eyes and Sasuke was poking my forehead. "So you're finally awake..." He said as he stopped poking my forehead, I pouted. "Nope, I wasn't sleeping. I was talking to Kurama, she told me that I could have the same eyes as Itachi when I'm older" I said with a small grin. "Kurama?" He asked. "Yeah, you know... The big demon fox that lives inside of me..." I said, his face went from confused to understanding. "Ah right, I forgot that he was sealed inside of you..." He said as he rubbed the back of his head. He looked like he was blushing from embarrassment... "She" I said. "What?" He asked me, he looked even more confused than before. "Kurama. She's a she, Kuram is a girl..." I said with a huff, most people think that Kurama is a male because of her power, but girls are powerful just like boys! "Oh, I didn't know. It's just everyone calls Kurama a he so I just thought..." He said as he looked to the ground, finding his ninja sandals very interesting all of a sudden. "It's okay, ya know. I thought Kurama was a guy too when I first met her. But she was really annoyed when I didn't believe her so she hit me on the head with a frying pan, but I have never found out how she got a frying pan to begin with..." I said as I yawned and rubbed the back of my head. "Wanna go home for a nap?" Sasuke asked as he too yawned. I just nodded and we went to Kaa-san and Tou-san.
"Kaa-san, Tou-san. Me and Naruto are tired, can we go home please?" Sasuke asked. "Sasuke, it's Naruto and I. We need to work on your vocabulary, but yes we can go home." Said Kaa-san. She waved her finger around when she told Sasuke that he had said something in the wrong order, making him look away embarrassed. "Itachi, come on now dear. We are going home, you can carry Sasuke and I'll carry Naruto" She said as she picked me up. Then we seat off home, Sasuke fell asleep soon as Itachi put him on his shoulders. Kaa-san carried me so that my legs were dangling behind her. As she carried me, she hummed a little toon. It was very soothing, it calmed me down even tho I didn't need calming. I was very much like Itachi's eyes, but different at the same time...
"It feels motherly, Kit. She thinks of you as one of her own. She makes you feel safe from harm even when there is none. You are her Kit" Said Kurama as I drift of into a peaceful sleep, listening to my Kaa-sans beautiful humming.

( End of chapter )