17

Seungcheol went to work bald that week. Of course, he was wearing a beanie over his head, but since he never wore hats, Jihoon was curious as to why he was suddenly wearing a hat- a beanie.

"Hey, DK," Jihoon whispered as he leaned out of the break room.

"Yeah?" Seokmin walked over; he was by the register with Seungcheol, who was currently fixing his beanie.

"Why is Kkeups wearing that?" Jihoon asked. "It doesn't go against the dress code or anything, but I've never seen him wear anything on his head."

"Yeah, he has. He wore that fedora once for Halloween, remember?" Seokmin reminded.

"Yes, I remember, but he didn't wear it because he wanted to," Jihoon hissed under his breath. "I almost had to staple it onto his head. Anyways, why?"

"Uh," Seokmin hesitated. He didn't want to tell Jihoon about Seungcheol going bald because he shouldn't have to tell Jihoon- Seungcheol should tell Jihoon himself. "Why can't you asked Seungcheol yourself?"

Jihoon blinked, and then Seokmin blinked, and then Jihoon blinked, and then Seokmin blinked, and then Jihoon blinked, and then Seokmin blinked, and then Jihoon blinked, and then Seokmin blinked, and then Jihoon blinked, and then Seokmin blinked, and then Jihoon blinked, and then Seokmin blinked, and then Jihoon blinked, and then Seokmin blinked, and then Jihoon blinked, and then Seokmin blinked, and then Jihoon blinked, and then Seokmin blinked, and then Jihoon blinked, and then Seokmin blinked, and then Jihoon blinked, and then Seokmin blinked, and then Jihoon blinked, and then Seokmin blinked, and then Jihoon blinked, and then Seokmin blinked, and then Jihoon blinked, and then Seokmin blinked, and then Jihoon blinked, and then Seokmin blinked, and then Jihoon blinked, and then Seokmin blinked, and then Jihoon blinked, and then Seokmin blinked, and then Jihoon blinked. "Huh, I guess I could," Jihoon then said.

Seokmin rolled his eyes and took off his apron. "I'm on break now. You can go ask Seungcheol yourself."

Seokmin pushed past Jihoon and into the break room, Jihoon getting thrown out to the register. Jihoon brushed off his uniform before going to the register himself and clearing his throat. Vernon walked past him and was going to hand a customer her coffee before Jihoon spoke up.

"Uh, Kkeups," he said loudly.

"Yeah, Woozi?" Seungcheol responded as he tugged on his beanie.

"What's with the beanie?" Jihoon asked.

Vernon almost spilled the coffee on the customer as Seungcheol's eyes widened. Jihoon looked at the two curiously as Vernon quickly handed the customer her coffee and pulled Seungcheol to the side, their backs facing Jihoon.

"What do I do?" Seungcheol whispered urgently.

"I don't think you should tell him, but he's going to keep bothering you until you do," Vernon trailed off.

They both peered over their shoulder and saw Jihoon intently staring at them. They turned around quickly again and Vernon said, "There's no other choice."

Seungcheol frowned, his hand patting the top of the beanie. He had to prepare for public ridicule yet again. He turned around and faced Jihoon, his lips slightly parted as he took in a deep breath and exhaled slowly.

"Jihoon, there's something we've been meaning to tell you," Vernon said as he held onto Seungcheol's hand.

Jihoon looked at their hands, then at them, then at their hands, then at them, then at their hands, then at them, then at their hands, then at them, then at their hands, then at them, then at their hands, then at them, then at their hands, then at them, then at their hands, then at them, then at their hands, then at them, then at their hands, then at them, then at their hands, then at them, then at their hands, then at them, then at their hands, then at them, then at their hands, then at them, then at their hands, then at them, then at their hands, then at them, then at their hands, then at them, then at their hands, then at them, then at their hands, then at them, then at their hands, then at them, then at their hands, then at them, then at their hands, then at them, then at their hands, then at them, then at their hands, then at them, then at their hands, then at them, then at their hands, then at them, then at their hands, then at them, then at their hands, then at them, then at their hands, then at them, then at their hands, then at them, then at their hands, then at them, then at their hands, then at them, then at their hands, then at them, and then quietly said, "Seungcheol, are you pregnant?"

"What?" Seungcheol and Vernon both exclaimed.

"It looks as if you're telling me someone's pregnant!" Jihoon pointed at their hands, causing both Vernon and Seungcheol to separate immediately.

"Why would I be the one that's pregnant?" Seungcheol argued. "Vernon would be the bottom!"

"What the hell? Why would I be the bottom?" Vernon gasped.

"Look at these guns!" Seungcheol pointed at his arms. "These aren't meant to be on the bottom!"

"Are you saying Vernon is pregnant?" Jihoon cried as he covered his mouth.

"No one is pregnant!" Vernon shrieked.

The customers in the coffee shop went silent, Vernon clearing his throat as he looked around.

"Sorry, please continue with whatever you were doing," Vernon bowed his head to the customers before turning back to Seungcheol and Jihoon. "No one is pregnant, and I'm not gay for my step-brother," Vernon stressed the word brother.

"What did you want to tell me then?" Jihoon asked.

"Woozi, I'm," Seungcheol exhaled and put his hand on the top of his head.

"You're?"

"I'm bald," Seungcheol whispered as he took the beanie off his head.

The beanie fell to the floor and revealed Seungcheol's shiny head. Jihoon looked at Seungcheol's head and blinked. He blinked several times before looking at Seungcheol's pained expression and fainting.