Chapter 21 - Out of Control

Tade wasn't too fond of my words spoken last week. But I had touched his face and calmed him down to a point where he just sat on the bed for a few moments before he got ready for bed. I also made him sleep on the couch. Don't know how that happened. 

When I woke up one morning, I felt a need in my chest. It wasn't motivational or inspirational. It was sexual. Locked up in the bedroom, I stayed under the sheets till midday, playing with my fingers innocently. I came on my fingers, thinking about... lycan men. They were hot, but stupid as wood. 

When, for the third time this day, my fingers went under my sheets, with closed eyes, I heard a knock at the door. I was taken back and brought my fingers to my chest. "Yes?" 

Alec stepped into the room like a normal person would of course... before he could smell the scent in the air and his eyes turned black. "What are you doing?" 

"Nothing!" I exclaimed loudly. "I'm in bed, what do you want?" 

"You have a visitor," he said. "But you need to take a shower first. Or else every man around will have no choice but to smell what they can't have" 

When he nodded with a glint in his eyes, I blushed deeply at the embarrassing situation. Hell. Although he kind of handled it well, I still took a shower, which was ice cold, and brushed my hair before I opened the door out to the hall.

I hadn't been out of the house in a week, so my skin was paler than usual, and the circles under my eyes were dark. Alec was nowhere to be seen and neither was Tade. He had wanted me bare in bed every night when he got home, and luckily I had served him with my power. For as much as I could. Sometimes he was strong enough to hold through and do what he wanted anyway. 

I came into the living room and it was completely empty. Except for one person sitting on the sofa. 

"Mom!" I cried out. I ran to her, she sat up in pain and we hugged. For a long time. She hushed me, kissed my hair and rubbed my back. Just like a mom should. "How did you get here?" I said, wiping the few tears that I had accepted to fall. "It doesn't matter," she said. 

"Dad didn't let you go, did he?"

She looked down at her hands and took a deep breath. She smiled and caressed my cheek. "Your dad is out of his mind. Kieran is trying to find a way to get you back, but of course, no one listens to a woman around there"

I knew my mother was strong, she had suffered through a lot, she didn't often say anything, but I could tell. "We are going to sort this out, okay?" she said. "It will work out, I promise" 

"I know it will," I said. "I've been trying to find answers here. But there is no use, everything is kept away from me and they..."

I stopped. My mom was doubting. "Did... did they hurt you, Daisy?" 

I shook my head, even though she could probably tell it was a lie. "No," I said. "But I've been wanting to go home. I've been worried about you" 

"Oh honey," she said. "I would do any-"

Into the room walked Alec. I sighed and was just about to introduce him to mom, but she sat up from the sofa and shield me from him. "You", she said with venom in her voice. "Mom, it's fine, it's just-" 

"Daisy, don't say a word to this man," she directed her words at me before looking at him. "How dare you show your face in front of my family ever again?"

Alec wasn't surprised, I could tell. "Mom," I said. "What's going on?"

They ignored me.

"Evie, take it easy" Alec said as he was about to touch my mother's arm. "Don't touch me!" she spat. "Don't you ever go near me"