Chapter 16 - Stripped down

Alec Warner.

A dedicated man who's been working for the lycan counsel back in Brazil for several years, trained to be one of the next councilmen. Tade seemed preoccupied with him, and while they spoke, I took time to examine Alec. He was a relative of mine, but I didn't know how, just on my father's side. My father had never mentioned an Alec, and I wasn't too sure if that was a good sign. He looked like me, with big gray eyes and dark, dark hair. His skin was soft and tanned, while mine was pale. He was at least 40, but my eyes couldn't really detect any signs of aging but the scars on his hands and one on his forehead.

It had been a few days and Tade seemed rigid, his muscles tense and his body language threatening. He always seemed to look like that, one way or another, but I noticed it now when Alec was between us. Tade made sure to grab my vision, to touch me whenever he could, to mark his territory. I wanted nothing more than to bite his hands off, but I knew it was a sign of disrespect to interfere with someone in higher position than myself. Especially a mate.

"So do you speak fluent... Portuguese or Spanish or whatever?" I asked Alec as we sat down together with some of Alec and Tade's men. It was not expected for a women to interfere in the world of politics or war, because we simply weren't lycans. But I was known to tamper with the lycan rules.

"Fluent in Portuguese, " he answered. "My Spanish is alright but not nearly as good"

He didn't seem bothered by my questions towards him, he seemed rather happy to answer, a contrast to Tade and his members. "Daisy May", Tade said in my ear as he was grabbing my thigh. "No questions or out, understand?"

Bitch.

"Whatever, I didn't want to talk anyway" I replied with a mutter. Alec kept looking at me. And I didn't know why, was it because I was a relative of his that he longed contact for? Or did I have lettuce in my hair?

I sat beside Tade for the whole of the meeting. With his hand secure around my thigh. With no escape. They didn't talk about everything though, probably because I was still stated in their enemy pack, which meant they were unsure of me still, so they talked mostly about two things. A mating ceremony, and how they were to unionize their people to get the greatest control they could over them.

They spoke about the women of the pack, and that they would pick out a percentage of women to offer their bodies out at the mating ceremony. Tade agreed to the idea. "What, you're serious?" I whispered in his ear.  "Back down" he growled back at me and I sat down.

Women, picked out from lower ranks, were to offer their bodies upon the night of the Alpha's ceremony, because apparently mating ceremonies got them so horny they had to stick it in something. Why not each other, I thought.

After the meeting, I was thrown out to be guarded by Alec because the real men had to decide real things and I wasn't allowed to hear it. Alec had offered to watch me. "You didn't need to do that," I muttered as we walked outside. "You probably wanted to be in there, talk about the real issues"

He wouldn't stop looking at me. His eyes were constantly on my face or body, making me slightly uncomfortable. "That's no problem," He said, his eyes turning darker as he touched my lower back to usher me forward. " I would never say no to spending time with my niece"

My body moved forward at his touch "It's wonderful to see you," he said, touching my cheeks. "So beautiful, just like your mother"

I blushed slightly and looked the other way out to the forest. "You've met my mother?"

"Yes. Many years ago. Before you were born"

"How come you never visit us?" I asked as we continued to walk further away from the house and into the forest. "I didn't have the time," he answered with a frown. "But most of all, your father and I got into a great fight that is still lasting. So I didn't feel comfortable being back there"

"And so why are you here now?" I questioned. 

"Little girl," he laughed and squeezed my hand. "So many questions. I won't leave just yet, I have business here still" I kept silent after that. I had a big family, my family was my pack and they were always there, so it didn't feel strange that Alec had given me such affection. At first. "I want you to come to me if you have any problems," he also said when we were alone in the forest. "Your problems are my problems, alright? We're family"

It seemed like he knew. 

It seemed like he knew I was a lycan from the moment he walked in the house. Everything from his smirk to his 'we're family'. And I felt so tired,  I just wanted everyone to know I was a lycan, I didn't want to hide it anymore. It crossed my mind to tell him, and I wanted to do it. But would it risk my security? Whatever happened, I always had a place back home, together with my family, wheather or not I was a lycan. And Tade wouldn't let me go just like that either, right? 

 "There's something..." I began. "but you'll think I'm crazy" 

"You don't need to worry about that. You're not crazy. Is it Alpha Rivas?"

"No, it's not that" I answered with a hint of doubt. Was I really going to tell a stranger my secret? But he had such kind and familliar eyes and he wouldn't tell my father of it. I knew that. There was no one else I could talk to.  "I don't want you to tell anyone, " I said. "because it will ruin everything for me. And you're on my side, right? Not Alpha Rivas? 

"My family is my duty," he answered. "And you're part of it. So tell me, Daisy May" 

His line made it clearer for me to see. It was foolish of me to tell him, I knew that. But when his hand grabbed my arm and said my name, I knew I could trust him. This would be the better choice. He would help me. My body wouldn't dare to move for a couple of seconds while my brain was thinking. "You wouldn't believe me," I said, barely trusting my voice. "It's better I show you"

So as the night settled down and Alec's face turned sternly down to view me, I took a few steps back.

And I shifted

***

Hello friends. 

It's definitely not the best chapter, but eh. It's been a while... Didn't mean for that lol. Anyway, thank you for reading and commenting. I've been looking at some comments for Alpha of the North, and people seemed to comment mostly on chapter 5 which is the mating ceremony so I'll try that out here too and see what I end up with.

VOTE FOR A MATING CEREMONY OR IF THE CHAPTER WAS GOOD OKOK.

Thank you, guys. I've been worse lately and not really working as I should but reading and responding to your comments makes me so happy you have no idea. I love you guys, so do what you want but your comments and votes really do make me more excited to write, and I don't care about whetever I make top whatever, those votes and comments are for me. And that's my motivation. So thank you for that.

-Fight4ThisA

SONG: Send Receive by Niklas Aman