"You really love her, don't you?" Aiden lifted his head.

"I've never had someone like her, man. Even when she knew I could hurt her, she wasn't afraid. She kept coming back. She's honest, caring, she doesn't back down from anything, and she's sweet. Sometimes she can be stubborn and only take her own opinion into thought, but I wouldn't want anyone else in my life. She reminds me everyday what it's like to be loved and I can't begin to explain how incredible that feels."

"She really loves you. You know that right?"

"Sometimes I do. Other times, it's like she could care less."

"Derek. She loves you. I've seen the way she looks at you compared to me. I wish I could get the look she gives you. I wish I could get the same smile she gives you. I wish I could grab her attention like you do. I'd do anything for those things. I'm willing to kill for her, but you're willing to die for her. She needs that. She's a tough one, but in the end, she needs someone like you. She needs you, Derek."

"Thank you, Aiden."

Aiden paused before looking back to Derek. "You know what's going to happen right? When she finds out that what we told her is true?"

"I know. I know I can't be with her."

"It's going to crush her, Derek."

"You think I'm happy about that?!" he screamed, clinching his fists. "I'd give anything to change that."

"What are you gonna do about it?"

"I don't know. If she didn't have Visionary blood, it would be okay. Everything would be fine."

"But she does. You can't change that, Derek." Aiden stood from the floor and began walking towards the stairs. "You can't do anything. It's best for all of us if we just forget it ever happened." He left without another word.

-------------

"Dad?"

"Hello, Elizabeth."

"Dad, what am I supposed to do? Everything's falling apart. People saw me stop a car with my bare hands! You're leaving. I know you don't care anymore, but I need help. What do I do?"

"Elizabeth, I can't help you."

"You can't or you won't?! Think about the day you first saw me, the day I was born. Mom always told me about that day. You said it was the happiest you've ever been."

"Elizabeth, that time is over." He began walking away from her, as her eyes teared up.

"No! It's not over! You're my dad! Whether you admit it or not, you have a connection to me. A connection you can't ever lose! I know you! I know you care! You can't leave me now! You have to help me!"

"I can't. There's nothing I can do. You're moving in with your grandparents and this will be the last you ever see me, Beacon Hills, or your new found friends."

"You can't do that!"

"Enough!" he yelled. "That's enough, Elizabeth." He turned, walking away.

"You're sick. You're a sick, greedy man and you will never have anyone care about you as much as mom and I did. You are a disgusting person. I can't believe I was cursed with a father like you." Liz slammed her eyes shut, letting tears drip down her face.

She opened her eyes as wide as possible. "Derek?" she said, noticing him beside her.

"Hey, you okay?"

"Derek, I can't do this anymore. I can't leave. Let me stay with you."

"I can't do that, Liz."

"Why? I thought you loved me. I thought you cared." She sat up, facing him.

"I do. It's just," he took a deep breath. "It's just, I can't be with you."

"Why? I thought that you," the lightbulb in her head went off. "They were right."

"I'm sorry."

"What even is the rule or law or whatever it is?" Liz challenged. "Is it even real?"

"It's real, Lizzie. It's from a very long time ago and nobody ever thought it would come into effect, until you showed up. I'm sorry, I wish it was different."

"You knew the whole time, Derek! You knew I couldn't be with you, and you didn't tell me! Why?"

"I couldn't hurt you."

"Little late on that one." She stood from the bed, ignoring anything else he said to her. Liz rushed down the stairs, nearly tripping herself. She opened the giant door and ran down to the street, turning in circles, looking for somewhere to go. As she did, she felt hands come onto her shoulders, stopping her from circling.

"Aiden?"

"Come on, I'll drive you home."