Episode 10: Finding The Hidden Heart

Min-hyuk and Bong-soon’s family watch the news as the anchor reports that the culprit has finally been apprehended.

At the police station, Bong-soon insists that they’ve got the wrong man, but Gook-doo’s team leader reveals that the arrested man has admitted to stalking the most recent kidnapped girl. Gook-doo argues that this was a separate case and insists that the real criminal (with his three captive brides) is still at large.

The real kidnapper, Kim Jang-hyun, is watching the news as well. Apparently, the arrested stalker is claiming to have committed the other kidnappings as well, and Jang-hyun rages at the imposter for taking credit for his “work.” Yeah, poor you.

Bong-soon and Gook-doo dejectedly leave the police station, and she asks him if he knows where to find Jang-hyun, but Gook-doo refuses to tell her since he doesn’t want her going after the man. He offers to take her home, but she says she’s not going back home.

Gook-doo correctly guesses that she’s going to visit Min-hyuk instead. Aww, he looks pained as he asks, “Do you really have to stay by his side?” Bong-soon slowly answers that she’s going to do it, that she thinks she should, and leaves the detective alone in the hallway.

Min-hyuk grumpily waits for Bong-soon to return, and as soon as she arrives, his first question is to confirm that she no longer has a reason to meet with Gook-doo since the culprit has been caught. But Bong-soon corrects him as she says that the police arrested the wrong man.

Min-hyuk notes her expression and asks if Bong-soon is still nursing a one-sided crush on the detective. When she doesn’t answer, he starts ranting about how it makes no sense that she could possibly prefer Gook-doo instead of pursuing someone as awesome as himself. Oiy. Modesty, thy name is Min-hyuk. He decides that she must doubt that she’s good enough to date his wonderful self, then proceeds to mock her inner thoughts in a falsetto voice, complete with an adorable “Hmph!”

Bong-soon rolls her eyes at her boss’ impressive ego, then (finally!) asks, “But, don’t you like men?” Min-hyuk waves it away, saying that he had no time for dating while setting up AinSoft and considered the rumor a form of marketing. He finally comes out (hur), “I’m crazy for women.”

Min-hyuk seems to watch her for a reaction, but Bong-soon just points to his pajamas (that he brought from home) and calls them ugly. Heh.

Gook-doo’s team leader seems content enough to take his hands off the kidnapping case, but Gook-doo is convinced that they have the wrong man. He knows that his team leader has his hands tied by the higher ups, but he refuses to give up. The rest of the team watches wide-eyed at his righteous fury as Gook-doo swears to solve this case, even if they take his badge away from him.

Bong-soon worries over how to find the real kidnapper, Jang-hyun, and asks Min-hyuk if he could find his personal information. Min-hyuk warns her against leaving the hospital to go hunt for the criminal on her own, so Bong-soon switches tactics and asks if she can briefly go home to research her target on her own. He agrees, as long as she promises not to go wandering around the neighborhood by herself.

Before she can leave, Min-hyuk throws another pity party and whimpers that he needs help washing his face, since his stitches hurt soooo much. Still none the wiser to her boss’ antics, Bong-soon immediately helps him to the bathroom, and he gives her the cutest grin when she’s not looking.

Bong-ki makes his rounds at the hospital, and Boss Tak’s thoroughly bandaged men hobble around their room as they swear revenge on the tiny girl that put them all there.

Gook-doo goes to see Jang-hyun at the junkyard office, and it’s not a friendly visit. Gook-doo asks if he’s happy now that the police have the wrong criminal, but Jang-hyun smirks as he asks if the detective suspects him. Gook-doo loses it and grabs the guy, demanding to know where the other women are. Jang-hyun keeps up an innocent act, smiling as he says he’s just cooperating with the police.