Chapter Nineteen

I am super sad! I am no longer on the watty awards list:( lets change that!!!:) will you please help me?:) Oh and i am sorry it ha been such a long wait.... i hope you all like this chapter!!!!:) i am entering this in for watty awards 2012 so PLEASE VOTE!!!!!!:) i will not update until i have 75 votes and 15 comments!:) yes i am evil, so very evil!!!:)

Chapter Nineteen- Rachel Paige

          It’s been over a week since George passed. Honestly, nothing seems to matter anymore. Now that George is gone I don’t have any family. Nobody to care about me. No one to talk with, and it’s funny, I miss the simplest things. I miss George making me breakfast in the morning, I miss him berating me for not eating enough, I miss watching football games with him late at night, I  miss everything about him. I feel so alone. Tristan has only contacted me once since he left the hospital, all he did was say that I no longer had a job. I’m not sure if he feels that I’m incapable of caring for his child or if he really just doesn’t want me around anymore. He probably got tired of me, just like everyone else did.

          I sighed once more before flopping back on my queen sized bed in George’s basement. The house was so lonely without him. I was lost in my thoughts when a shrill noise coming from my phone brought me back to reality, unfortunately.

          “Hello?” I answered, my voice sounding hallow even to myself.

          “Hello? My name is Mr. Carns and I am looking for Rachel Paige.” The man said in a cool tone, showing like he didn’t have a care in the world.

          “This is she.” I answered dryly. I was on the phone a little while longer with Mr. Carns, turned out Mr. Carns was George’s lawyer. Mr. Carns asked me to come visit his office at noon the next morning. I agreed half-heartedly before saying goodbye and hanging up the phone. I sighed once more before snuggling under my warm oversized comforter and hoped to fall into a long dreamless sleep.

~*~

            The next morning I awoke not wanting to get up or even move. Begrudgingly I climbed out of bed and meandered up the stairs lazily. I arrived in the kitchen and lazily made myself a hot cup of coffee hoping it will make me feel just a little bit better. As the coffee was brewing I got out all the necessary ingredients to make myself an egg sandwich. Halfway through making my sandwich I burst into tears thinking of how George had always done this for me. I slumped on to the counter trying to control myself. Trying to tell myself that George is with God now and he was all right. He was safe and happy, he could watch all the football he wanted and he would have all the boneless chicken wings he could ever eat. It didn’t help, all I could think about was how I wished he was watching football with me instead.

          I grumbled to myself before pushing myself up off the counter and finishing my sandwich. I then added the creamer to my coffee and sat down at the table set for two. One more reminder that I was alone.

          After breakfast I went back downstairs to my room and bathroom and took a shower and started to get ready for my meeting with Mr. Carns. After I got out of the shower I pulled on my outfit that George had gotten me when we went shopping and put on the grey skinny jeans, navy blue v-neck t-shirt, a grey sweater, black knee high boots, and a silver necklace. I also put on a grey hat that sat on the back of my head. I curled my hair letting my chocolate hair cascade my back in rolling waves. I then added a touch of makeup before grabbing my purse and heading out. I was passing George’s key hook in the hall when I decided that I would take George’s car. I’m sure he wouldn’t mind…

          As I arrived at Mr. Carns office I gave my self a quick pep talk telling myself to be strong. I will not cry, I will not cry, I will not cry chanted to myself mentally over and over again willing myself not to cry today.

          “Hello. My name is Rachel Paige and I am here to see Mr. Carns at noon.” I told the secretary politely. The old lady gave me a sweet smile before telling me to have a seat for a few minutes. I sat down in one of the large overstuffed leather chairs and picked up some Time magazine and began to read. A few minutes later a grey haired man walked out of his office and called my name.

          “Hello there Rachel, it’s nice to finally meet you in person.” Mr. Carns said shaking my hand. I smiled and said it was nice to meet him to. Mr. Carns led me to his office, I sat down in a comfortable black chair. Mr. Carns dug around in a tan folder before pulling out a thick heavy envelope with my name on it. He gently slid the envelope across the large wooden desk to me. I gently picked it up and ran my fingers over the elegant handwriting of George’s old hands.

          “Go ahead Rachel, don’t be afraid. Open it.” Mr. Carns encouraged. I gave him a small smile before gently tugging the flap open and pulling out numerous documents and a old letter. I unfolded the letter and began to read.

     My dearest Rachel,

     I have given this letter to one of the most trustworthy people I will ever meet, Leroy Carns. He has promised me to give this letter to you when I have passed.

     The first thing I want to say to you my dear Rachel is that I don’t want you to worry, don’t waste your life away missing me and wishing for me to come home. Don’t waster your life thinking about all the things we could have done or that we should have done. Don’t do that to yourself, love.

     The second thing I want to tell you is that I love you. I love you as if you are my own child, and I always will love you. Nothing could ever make me love you less. You are my child and I will treat you as such. I promised my children that I would take care of them and I would provide for them, I will do the same for you. Ever since I first me first met you I have been setting aside some money in a college fund account for you. I want you to continue your schooling and become a photographer like you have always wanted. I also have left everything I owned to you. My home, my car, my business, everything I owned is now yours. You are my only heir.

     Now Rachel I feel that I don’t have much time left. But I want you to always remember just how much I love you. And I truly hope you stay close in your walk with the Lord. I love you my dear Rachel.

     With love from

     George Harrison.

          I gently closed the letter  from George and looked to Mr. Carns. Mr. Carns gently handed me a box of tissues, I hadn’t even realized I was crying.

          “What does this mean?” I asked him holding up the letter. Mr. Carns smiled before answering.

          “It means, you have received all of George’s money, his home, his possessions, and his business. This means you are his heir. This means you have just become a multi-millionaire.” Mr. Carns replied. I dropped the box of tissues in shock. George was a millionaire? George left it all to me? I’m a millionaire?