Chapter Seven

here's chapter seven! you should all be proud i am updating sooner than usual but thats only becuase i went ice skating and had a couple of misfortunate accidents that kept me from school today.....

anyways, please comment, vote, and fan!!!:) i especially love all the new reads and fans! it means so much to me!

-Liz

Chapter Seven- Rachel Paige

I awoke the next morning sleeping the best I had ever slept. The bed in my new room was like sleeping on a cloud. It wasn’t overly soft but it wasn’t to hard. It was perfect. My room was perfect. I was so thankful when I got out of bed and was embraced with warm air instead of the cold air I had become accustomed with. I was thankful for a heater. I glanced at my alarm clock noticing that I had woken up an hour early leaving me with two hours to get ready. I walked in to a master, notice the word master, bathroom and started to run the tub. The bathroom itself was huge! It had a gigantic shower compared to my old one, a walk in closet, that had a closet inside the closet, and a Jacuzzi bath tub. It had a large mirror and numerous drawers for every girl’s essentials. The bathroom was painted a light olive green with cream compliments. It was more than enough for me. 

I grabbed my clothes and a towel and started to undress. Once I was undressed I put on a CD I had found. It was One cell in the Sea by a Fine Frenzy. I had never heard of it. Once the music was set up I took a deep breath thankful for God giving me George. I slowly inched my toes into the steaming water. Inching a little at a time I gently submerged myself in the hot foamy bubble bath. I couldn’t even remember the last time I had been fully relaxed. As I bathed I pulled out one of my new books called Trusting Him. It was a really good story about a girl going to a new school and meeting new people while also making time for her little sister that was diagnosed with cancer. After about an half an hour I decided it was time to get out. I begrudgingly put away my book. I left the music on though, it turned out I really like A Fine Frenzy.

After I had gotten out of the tub I got dressed and dried  my hair. After that I decided to venture upstairs and cook George breakfast. As I was making breakfast I heard George coming down the stairs.

“Mmm something smells yummy miss Rachel Paige.” George said walking into the kitchen in his blue plaid pajama pants and a white robe. 

“I didn’t know you have bunny slippers.” I said casually hiding a little laugh. George grunted before making his way to the kitchen table. I reached up to the cupboard and pulled out a coffee mug filling it with the black coffee I had made earlier. After I poured the coffee I handed it to George before dishing him a plate of scrambled eggs with melted cheese on top and handing that to him also. As I was sitting down after praying for the food my cell phone started to ring. Not glancing at the caller ID I picked up the phone. 

“Hello?” I answered. 

“Rachel? Thank God I got a hold of you! I’ve been freaking out! Where the hell are you?” Tristan all but screamed. 

“Excuse me?” I said with a bit of attitude.

“I went to your apartment to apologize for being such a jerk, I am sorry about that, and when I got there the fat lady said she kicked you out onto the streets and I’m freaking out Rachel! Freaking out!” Tristan said out of breath. I sighed before excusing myself from the room. 

“It’s okay Tristan I forgive you. And I’m staying with George. He’s a family friend. He’s like my dad.” I explained. 

“Good,” Tristan sighed a sigh of relief. “You have no idea how worried I was about you.”

“Why were you worried about me?” I asked honestly wondering what I had done to get a famous football player to be my one and only friend, well besides George. “You just met me.”

“Well,” he started. “I don’t really know. There’s just something different about you. Whenever I think about you it makes me happy and, I, I don’t know, your just special Rachel.” I didn’t know how to respond. 

“Rachel? Rach, are you there?” Tristan asked nervously. George had walked into the room by now and had overheard my phone call. When he saw that I hadn’t responded George gently bumped me. snapping me out of my daze, I responded in a shaky voice.

“Yeah, yeah I’m here. Sorry about that.” I breathed out. 

“So what do you think about what I said?” Tristan asked obviously uncomfortable. 

“well, it’s just. I’m not looking for or ready for anything more than a friendship.” I explained quietly. Tristan was quiet for a few minutes before responding.

“Yeah of course. I get it. I did just meet you a couple days ago anyways. I think your right, it would be best to be friends for a little while before anything else.” Tristan agreed.