7. In Time

Hi guys! Here's another chapter of Sweet Oblivion! Spring break's over and school started again for me but I'll do my very best to be consistent with updates! Thank you so much for all your patience! 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Make sure that you keep your street attitude to yourself when you're around members of the family and workers." he ordered his brows furrowing in annoyance.

Street attitude? This man was going too far. Valentina was only biding her time until she could find some dirt on Tristan. And when she does, she'll make him pay for looking down on her.

But it doesn't hurt to defend herself now.

"Street attitude?" she said incredulously, her tone dripping with venom.

"Listen, Julian. I may not be the true Avano sister, but you don't have the right to tell me how to act or speak even if you're my boss."

Julian opened his mouth to speak but Valentina cut him off immediately. "And besides, even if you do found your real sister, she wouldn't be acting snobbish like the rest of your family does. She could've grown up in a family like I did; loving and supporting. So don't you dare look down on where I came from and how I act because you sure don't know the things I've been through to get to where I am now."

Valentina finished her rant. He may be the CEO but he needed a lesson on what it's like to be poor and living day to day on a paycheck.

Julian remained silent. This silence could be Tristan thinking if he wants to fire her after this outburst.

She didn't want to find out. But after awhile, he began to speak.

"I looked up your file on where you've lived, your grades in school, and the jobs you've worked." he took out a bunch of files from his side and showed them to her.

Valentina's blood ran cold. Did he look deeper to find out about her brother Vincent? It couldn't be. No one knew that she could ever be Vincent's little sister. She made sure of it by asking someone from her old neighborhood to erase any family ties may have with her in order to get her revenge on the Avanos.

It was tough as always about the steps she took but hopefully Julian didn't dig in too deep to find out that she had a brother.

"Your mother passed away at a very young age, and your father left you two before that. You didn't have anyone and you were passed onto different foster homes. Yet you still excelled in school." Julian read off these face to her out loud.

"How could you think that I don't know what you've done to improve your life? It was very impressive." he said to her..

"Be careful with how you act around the family is what I'm saying." he reminded her again coldly. 

Valentina rolled her eyes. At the same time, she was confused on how he was acting. First he was praising her on how much she knew and how much she worked hard but then he's back to his old self after a few minutes.