Chapter 4~ Wisdom

"Life is one game, Wendy. You'll have to beat it" Pan explained as he threw her a katana. Wendy caught the blade, and got into a fighting stance. "Trust me Pan, I'll beat any game you'll play" Pan licked his lips and grabbed a katana as well. "Then come at me, show me what you got" Pan challenged. "Don't underestimate me" Wendy growled. She held the grip tight ready to charge. Pan planted an evil smirk knowing she'll do something she might regret.
Wendy charged at Pan, both combining their blades. Wendy kicked Pan's rib cage making him grunt. Pan backed up a little getting in full stance. Pan charged after Wendy, the blade ready to slice her neck. But Wendy luckily blocked it.

"I think you have it the other way around, Wendy, you're the one that shouldn't be underestimating me" Pan leaned in. "I'm quite quick" Then threw himself back and aimed his blade to her rib cage. Instead of stabbing her completely, he just sliced her, leaving a bloody gash. Wendy screamed in pain, holding her side then falling to her knees. Pan grinned thinking he won their dual. "Do you surrender, Wendy?" Pan chuckled still gripping his katana.

Wendy just laid on her knees coldly glaring at Pan. "I'll take that as a yes then" Pan getting ready to rest his katana on a rock, Wendy quickly crawled to a crossbow, she took it and aimed for Pan's body. Pan grinned. "Then shoot" Pan ordered. "Where" Wendy asked, adjusting the crossbow in her arms. "Surprise me" Wendy smirked, as she lifted her elbows and looked in the scope. Aiming for Pan's heart. She counted to three--releasing the bolt on two. Pan's hand caught the arrow just before the point could hit his heart. Wendy sighed expecting Pan would catch the bolt. "See? That's called reflexes, pure extinct-don't flatter yourself too much, I do this to all my boys...just because you're a girl doesn't mean I treat you differently"

Wendy understood. "Well-life back in Storybrooke doesn't teach you that" Wendy protested. "Tell me Wendy, does 'life' in Storybrooke make you slow down or get faster" Wendy paused, knowing what he was talking about. "I guess...makes you slow down" She admitted. "And what happens in Storybrooke?" Pan resting has hand on his side. "You grow up" Wendy looked away, starting to feel a sharp pain on her side. "Do you know what real wisdom is?" Pan asked. Wendy looked back but this time with a more confused stare. "What?"

"Let me show you what real wisdom is" He spoke. Pan went over and picked Wendy up, now on her feet. Pan gently touched her cheek, he ran his thumbs down her neck, admiring her smooth skin. "This youth you have" Pan looked up. "And power" Wendy started processing what he was telling her. She slowly understood and nodded her head. "It's wise to keep both you know" Pan looking down again.
"Power helps you live...and youth is," Pan now staring in Wendy's eyes. "Beautiful" While finishing this, Wendy's mouth fell open a little. Did Peter Pan just call a lost girl beautiful? Quickly he let go and walked over where he stood.

"That should be enough for today" He said turning his back and walking away. Wendy stared at Pan, thinking about what just happened.

Later she returned to the hideout that night.