Chapter 6. Preparation

When New Life had got up in the morning, she had remembered what her heart-shaped orb necklace had told her. She took all the essentials she needed and put them in her weaponry spare backpack. It was Saturday, so she went outside her home to leave no stone unturned, to try to see if there were any bad people out there on Earth.

And Old Death had done the same.

As soon as they were examining 3 minutes later, they bumped into each other. "O-O-Oh, I'm sorry... didn't mean no harm or anything, heh... are you okay?" New Life said. "Yeah, I'm fine." sighed Old Death. "So, what are you out here for? Explorin' or somethin'?" New Life said while smiling curiously. "Yeah... my necklace said that danger was comin' or somethin' so I had to be prepared. Technically the same reasons you have." he said. "Awesome! Maybe we can work together?" gasped New Life excitedly. "Alright, fine..." Old Death groaned. "Yay!" New Life cheered.

While they were exploring, they heard a strange noise that sounded like a whoosh. "Eh, probably just the wind." said Old Death without a care. Suddenly, they heard the noise again. The whoosh was even more gigantic and rambunctious than before. Then, New Life excitedly said, "Let's go toward the noise to see what's going on!" "I wouldn't do that if I were you." Old Death said nervously. When the whoosh passed by again, New life had vanished.

"NEW LIFE, NO!!" gasped Old Death. He looked around to see anything, but all there was left was people, roads, streets, buildings, etc. Old Death tried to run, but the whoosh had caught him, too.

Mander and Cameron eavesdropped, and then gasped. Then, out of nowhere, a portal had appeared in front of them. "Maybe it leads to where the enemy is!" Mander said. "Welp, I'm scared, and maybe terrified, but I know deep inside that I'm brave, and POSSIBLY brave enough to go in that portal." Cameron said after taking 2 deep breaths. "That's the spirit, brother!" Mander positively said.

And so they went into the portal.