Chapter 2. Meet N' Greet

New Life felt very ecstatic walking into the new school. Everyone had look like her as if they've seen the most beautiful, wonderful, colorful rainbow ever. New Life had waved at everyone lightly, then she looked at her class paper. It said that she had to go to Language Arts first, so she went in the classroom.

Old Death was nervous and miserable, however, and almost everyone was having cold feet as they saw him. A few girls looked at him as if he was hot because of his hairstyle. Others, the bullies, were gazing at him as if they were his next victim, since he was smaller than most of them. He looked at his class paper, and saw that he also had to go to Language Arts first, so he sighed and went into the classroom.

Mrs. Williams, the language arts teacher, divided each of the students into their assigned seats she had given them. "Okay, New Life, you will be sitting with... Old...Death." Mrs. Williams said hesitantly. New Life nodded and sat next to him. Oh, no... who even is this?! She looks so innocent. If only I could move, Old Death thought. Just when he was about to say something, New Life smiled and said "Hello!" Old Death felt awkward, stuttering his words while trying to say "Hi", too. "Hey, we may be opposites, but trust me, I know we're going to best friends sooner or later." New Life said as she blushed a little.

"Ehh, pssh, I mean, well, I guess..." Old Death mumbled under his breath. This is so awkward, he thought. He knew that a good person and a bad person would NEVER become friends, making it at least 100% impossible for it to be that way. However, he had never had a school best friend before, although his bad, devil senses were stronger than being a social butterfly, but he gave it a shot anyway.

"Uhh, hi... I'm Old Death." he said. "I heard," said New Life. "It's okay, if you're nervous. We all usually get butterflies in our stomach all the time. So, where do you live?" "In H... u-underground." said Old Death as he stuttered once again. "Like, in the dirt?" inquired New Life curiously. "N-no, like, with... fire and stuff, you know." "Ohh, THAT place. My father said it's very dangerous". "I get that a lot." said Old Death, half-smiling. "So, where do YOU live?" he then asked.

"Oh, I live WAAAAAAAAAY up there. In the clouds! Where me and my family live! It's very nice." said New Life. "Oh, m-my father said it was very dangerous and quite stupid." said Old Death. "But how could something so dangerous actually be quite peaceful?" asked New Life. "It's a long story..." said Old Death, looking a bit down when New Life's finger pulled his chin up saying, "Maybe you could... tell me sometime?" "Heh.. yeah, maybe."