Chapter 3. The Orb Necklaces

As soon as New Life got home from school, she had talked about her day. Angel and God were very interested, but God wanted to talk to her privately about something even more interesting. They walked into her room, made sure no one was eyeballing them, and shut the door. Then they sat down in New Life's bedroom and talked.

"I wanted to talk to you about a certain necklace," he said. "It's used for summoning powers to protect yourself against evil." "Really?" New Life said. "Yeah," said God. "It's very important to our family. It was passed on from our grandmother, and then decided she were to pass it on to you as your own. She said you had the gift." "What gift?"

"The gift of positivity." he said after a few 3 seconds.

"Cool!" "Yes, very." he said smiling. "But there is only one thing," he said. "You must use your necklace wisely, and use it only for emergencies. Promise?" "I promise." New Life said. God put the necklace, which was in the shape of a heart, on her, and she smiled. God had left her room, saying "good night," as she slept soundly in her bed.

                                                                            ***

As Old Death came home from school, he had a neutral-ish-half-smile. "What's up with you today? You look more happy than usual." his dad said, confused. Old Death had ignored him and went to his room. Before he could get to his room, his dad grabbed him to stop him. "Dad, what are you doing?" Old Death asked. "I need to see something..." his dad said. He shone a flashlight on his mouth, then he clicked off the flashlight and said, "Okay, I think you're ready." he then said. "For what?" "Come." his dad said, leading him into his room.

"Dad, I don't understand what's going on here." Old Death said irritatingly. "I want to show you... this." his dad showed him a necklace. "Just a dumb necklace...?" Old Death said, bummed. "It's not just any necklace," his dad, the Devil said. "You can use it against your enemies. But you must use it wisely, only for emergency purposes." The necklace was in the shape of a skull, and it looked as if it was glowing a bit. "Ok, ok, I got it, dad..." Old Death groaned.

"Good," his dad said, as he put the skull-shaped necklace on Old Death. "Emergency purposes only, son. Good night." he said as he exited the bedroom and shut his door. "I know, dad..." Old Death mumbled to himself as he fell asleep.