A Happy Beginning

Recap:

"Well," Harry said. "Luna and I are planning to get married soon-"

"WHAT?" Luna asked.

"Actually..." Harry said, getting out of his chair.

"I know this isn't the best time, Luna... But I couldn't wait this long."

Harry gave Ron a signal with his eyebrow.

Ron took his wand out of his pocket and swished it in the air.

White flowers covered the floor. Roses began to fall from the ceiling.

Harry kneeled on one knee.

"Luna, you have been the best girlfriend ever. And I know we're only twenty, but I can't wait any longer. You are extraordinary, beautiful, amazing, and everything else that could describe someone as awesome as you. Every second I spend with you is my favorite part of the day. I have loved you since fifth year. And from the moment you have showed me how amazing you are, I have dreamed of starting a family with you."

He took off his jacket to reveal a suit.

Harry put his hand in his pocket and pulled out a small diamond ring.

"Luna Pandora Lovegood," he said. "Will you marry me?"

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Luna's POV

I thought for a minute about what had just happened.

Harry had just proposed. To me. Harry Potter. The Boy Who Lived. The Chosen One. But most importantly, the one who I had loved for so many years.

Was it worth it?

But it was. It had to be. There was nothing more to say.

"YES!" I said, giving Harry a bear hug.

Harry gasped as the air went out of his lungs.

Ron pretended to sniff and wipe a tear. "Aww, my little Hawwy is growing up so fast!"

Headmistress McGonagall laughed. "Congratulations to Harry James Potter and Luna Pandora Lovegood on their engagement!"

Harry put the ring on my finger. It was beautiful, there was a big diamond and two smaller ones next to it. A think gold band wrapped around the three.

"The big one is us," Harry said. "And the two little ones are our kids."

I laughed.

"I love it, Harry. And I'm so excited for what's next for us."