Ch. 8 She May Have Also Blush A Bit

(Y/N) P.O.V.

The bell rang signaling that class was over. During lunch I sat next to Zane instead of in the library. I couldn't stop apologizing to him for hitting him in the face. I'm such a bad person... friend? Do I have a frie-

"For the last time, (Y/N), it's fine. I just want to know how you were able to win the game single handedly?

'Oh shoot'

"Well, um, I just... I have to be able to take care of myself, right? Being alone and all..." Zane just gave me a questioning look and continued eating.

"It's honestly a surprise you came to the actual lunch room instead of the library.", he finally said.

"How else was I supposed to say sorry? Class wasn't an option since I have to focus on my studies, and I couldn't wait until the end of the day."

"Why not?"

"Because what if you'd think I didn't care?"

"I wouldn't care." The rest of lunch was silent between the both of us. We didn't spoke for the rest of lunch. Actually, I didn't speak at all for the rest of the school day.

I plugged in my headphones and started heading out the school, until.

"Hey (Y/N)! It's me, Vylad. We are partners for Home EC, remember?"

"Oh, yeah. Sorry I forgot."

"So I was thinking that we can do the project at my house. My mom wouldn't mind... but be careful of her though. She can sometimes be... 'clingy' is the best word I can think of to describe her."

" Okay. What dish are we making? I'm thinking dumplings."

"Dumplings are fine. We can search up recipes when you come to my house."

"Got it memorized. Recipe in my head. I'll bring the ingredients."

"Oh, well then I guess we can start making them today. 5 o'clock sounds good?"

"Sure."
" 'Kay, see you later then." Vylad left. He is very cheerful and social. Definitely not how it was before.

smol tiem skeep! (I'm aware of how I spelled it)

Later that evening I went to the address Vylad had given me in class. I knocked three times before a tall blonde guy answered the door.

"Vylad it's for you! Hi I'm Garroth, you must be (Y/N)."

"Yeah, nice to meet you." I shook his hand as Vylad came down the stairs.

He looked like he was dressed like he didn't cared. But you can tell that he spent at least an hour trying to get that "cool and don't care" look. Everyone has different styles, who am I to judge?

"Thanks Garroth. Hey (Y/N).", he said turning his attention to me and smiled.

"Hey Vylad." I smiled back. He let me in and led me to his kitchen. He introduced me to his mother; Zianna, and father; Garte.
------
Lolz! Garte sounds like a ship name for Garroth and Dante!😝
------
"Finally my Little Pea is going to cook. All he ever does is play videogames and soccer. (Y/N) I hope you don't mind but I want you two to make dinner for everyone. Including yourself of course! That is if your parents are okay with you staying for dinner."

"Sure it's fine. I love to cook! And don't worry about my... parents." Zianna just nodded and let Vylad and me get to it. After an hour of waiting, the dumplings were done cooking.
------
Why so long? Cuz dumplings take so fricking long to cook it's annoying!!-_-
------
I started setting up the table even though no one asked me to.
------
You're just dat noice ;3
------
Zianna called everyone to come and eat.