Ch. 1 He Was Playing With Ponies

(Y/N) P.O.V.

It's the first day of junior year in high school and I'm still lonely. I got out of bed and into my school uniform. The skirt is ridiculously short, why do they make us wear them?!

No worries, my hair is so long that I'll cover half of my legs from behind.
---------
Sorry if you want short hair, just pretend your hair is however you want it to be.
---------
Speaking about my hair, it is a mess! My naturally (h/c) hair is so frizzy it looks like I went back to a time when big afros were cool. I need to straighten it...

FINALLY after an hour my hair looks normal... well as normal as my hair can get. 30 minutes before school starts, just enough for a doughnut and milk, walk to school, and go hide in a dark corner behind the school to listen to music before homeroom. When I left my house I saw other students walking in big groups together, while I'm on the other side of the street alone trying to choose a playlist to listen to.

I've been going to Phoenix Drop High for two years, not including the start of this one, and I still haven't found someone to call "friend". I sit in corners, eat lunch at the library, and always take the emptiest halls to class. But as I found a dark spot under the bleachers outside, I heard someone talking above me.

The voice sounded like a guy's. I think he's talking to someone who's not there. He spoke loudly so I couldn't hear my music. I decided to tell him to shut it. I got out from under the bleachers and started my way around them. I couldn't believe it. It was that one emo kid who always seemed to bother the Shadow Knight gang, but he was playing with ponies! I kept quiet to hear what he was saying.

"Would you like more sprinkles on your cupcake, PinkieCake? *In a high voice* Oh yes please, Zane! It'll taste even better since you make the most bestest cupcakes ever! *Normal voice* Oh gosh PinkieCake, you're too sweet!"

No wonder the Shadow Knights always try to stay away from him.

" 'Oh gosh' you! How can you just bring your ponies to school? They'll get lost or someone might find out that you play with them, like me. As an ex-My Little Horsies lover, I recommend you to hide them and wait to play with them in your room."

He turned so red and looked startled. Maybe I shouldn't have screamed so loudly. BUT COME ON! If you just do that people would tease you about it, that's what happened to me.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?! ARE YOU GOING TO TELL SOMEONE ABOUT THIS?!", he screamed. He looks frantic.

"Who to tell? I have no friends and don't care about gossiping. But you have to work on your pony impressions. I know that you're a boy and it's hard, but you were really horrible."

He looked shocked to hear that, as if he didn't suspect I like cute things. A lot of people know this because my hair is a "dead giveaway", I mean come on! You can't just assume what someone likes just by seeing how they look!

"Y-you like My Little Horsies too?", he stuttered.

"I used to, but I stopped because... because I don't have cable."

"Oh... but are you going to tell anyone about this?", he said as he started picking his things up.

"As I said before, no. But don't pack your things up just yet, let me show you how a true PinkieCake impersonation sounds like."

-------
That's the end for this chapter, next chapter would be Zane's P.O.V.

I hope you enjoy it so far. Have a wonderful day. 😊

(Oh boy I changed the cover to my own art, although idk if it shows up. It's horrible but whatever.)
------