Ch. 3 She Must Be Fast

Zane's P.O.V.

"You took my seat." I mumbled behind my scarf. I can't believe how rude she was when I came compared to how nice she was a couple minutes ago! She was staring at nothing and whispered back,

"Well maybe you should have left with me when the first bell rang."

Even though she didn't say it in a mean way it still made me mad. I just gave her the death stare from the corner of my eyes. I don't think she noticed since my hair was covering my eye. Plus she was looking somewhere else and seemed zoned-out.

I stopped looking at her when the teacher started talking again. He was talking about how important it is to be early. Apparently (Y/N) was the only one on time. She must be fast if she was able to get here within 5 minutes, and have time to spare.
------
That's how much time you get to go to class.
------
The classroom was on the other side of the school from the bleachers. I looked at her again and she still seemed zoned-out.I must have been looking at her for a long time.

When I stopped staring and zoning-out as well, everyone was already heading to the club fair. She got up and walked away really quickly into the crowd. She must have noticed that I was staring. Vylad came up to me and started nudging me in the arm while saying "Oooh~!"

Turns out Vylad noticed too. What a pain my little brother is. Thanks to him I'm blushing now.

(Y/N) P.O.V.

I stopped zoning-out when the teacher started talking about the club fair. Then I noticed Zane was staring at me. I could tell that he was doing that for a while now since he looked hypnotized. And people around him were staring at him staring at me... staring seption.

Finally the teacher dismissed us to the fair. I got up and walked away to end that awkward moment. I tried to get lost in the crowd just for good measure. I heard the classroom door close and two guys talking behind the class.

"Oooh~! You like her, don't you big brother?" It was Vylad's voice.

"SHUT UP! I don't even know her!" That was Zane's voice, he seems annoyed.

"But you still like her, right? You were staring at her and you're starting to blush!"

"I WASN'T STARING! I was zoning-out and my eyes just so happened to rest on her! AND THE ONLY REASON I'M BLUSHING IS BECAUSE YOU'RE TURNING THIS SITUATION INTO SOMETHING IT SHOULDN'T BE!"

If he was trying to act like it's nothing, he was doing a really bad job.

"Suuuure, whatever you say."

When we got to the fair I went to the only stand that I was interested in; Drama Club. I've been in it for two years and I'm planning to make it my third. No one may know who I am, but everyone knows about the great actress who made a stellar baby, a convincing grandma, and much more. Unfortunately I always have to wear a wig when performing so no one was able to put two and two together. As I approached the talking from the people around stopped. Then the teacher running the program came up to me.

"(Y/N), sweetie, we need to talk." I was confused but decided to not question it just yet. He pulled me over to the side to tell me what he needed to say. And behind him I can see Ivy and her friends giggling. They noticed that I was looking at them. They all stuck their tongues' out and made a "L" on their forehead with their hands. Something was definitely fishy.

"(Y/N) I'm sorry to tell you this, but you can't join Drama Club this year." Ivy and her friends just laughed harder, what jerks!

"B-but why?! I have done nothing wrong, have I?! I thought you said I was an amazing actress!."

"You are, darling! But that's the problem. Since you are so great you always get the lead role. And if you took a smaller role, people would just get too distracted by you and not pay attention to the other actors. I'm really sorry about this."

... I felt empty. The only thing that I like about this school has been taken away from me. I held back the tears and said,

"Okay, I understand. But can I join next year?"

"Yes (Y/N), this is just for this school year."

"Alright. I'm going to go now. Bye, have a wonderful rest of your day." The teacher was going to say something back but I already ran away. I ran away as fast as I could so no one would notice the tears that were about to explode out of me. I headed towards the darkest spot I could find; under the bleachers.

------
Sorry if you don't like acting but this is my fan fic. I chose it cause I like acting. I guess you can change the club and story a bit to your satisfaction. But not too much because the basic story of that section of the chapter is kinda important for what is about to happen next.
------