Episode 1: Ridiculous Punks!

Start from the beginning

At her lowest point, Jin-yi met her husband, DO CHIL-GOO (Yoo Jae-myung), who was an average wrestler, and soon gave birth to Bong-soon and her twin brother DO BONG-KI (Ahn Woo-yeon).

Born minutes before her twin, Bong-soon’s first act in the world was to knock out one of the hospital staff using her abnormally strong fist.

As she grew, Bong-soon struggled with her desire to conceal her strength and her urge to fight the injustices she saw in the world. At times, she explains, she held herself back from intervening on wrongdoings because she wanted to live a normal life.

One time, Bong-soon recalls, she witnessed a creepy guy inappropriately touching a woman in a crowded subway, and instead of stepping in, she shamefully got off the train.

Evidently, life as a secret Hercules doesn’t really translate well in modern society, and so Bong-soon found herself drifting from job to job, never really fitting in.

Under her mother’s advisement, she took up farming, while her brother headed off to medical school. Unfortunately, given the physicality involved, Bong-soon found it difficult to abstain from using her strength and subsequently frightened the neighbors (and livestock).

After a series of failures, Bong-soon finally stumbled upon a job that suited her, and where she could still express her strength—being a gamer. Thus, she tells us, her current dream is to become a game developer, where she can be the main character.

Elsewhere, in a totally different income bracket, Min-hyuk flaunts his riches and free time by rolling through a park on a hoverboard. Nearby, a masked man trails him. When he notices the suspicious man, Min-hyuk abandons his board, and begins chase.

The man gets away despite Min-hyuk’s efforts, and the incident prompts him to seriously contemplate employing a bodyguard.

Nearby, an old man drives a bus full of school children, but is forced to stop because of a truck parked in the middle of the road, blocking all access.

The bus driver gets out to confront the truck driver, who is missing from the scene, when a mean-looking man HWANG HYUN-DONG tells the bus driver to disappear, while he’s still being nice.

The bus driver appears to oblige, but then tries to sneak a photo of the truck to report it. Hyun-dong catches him in the act, then proceeds to beat the bus driver in retaliation.

Bong-soon happens upon the scene and instead of dealing with Hyun-dong herself, she calls the police to report the incident. Before she can finish making her complaint, yet another suspicious man, KIM KWANG-BOK snatches her phone away and begins trying to intimidate her.

Kwang-bok chucks her phone to the ground, and subsequently breaks her screen. Bong-soon demands that he pay for the damage, but he laughs in her face. She takes a breath and asks again nicely for him to make the situation right. His reaction is pretty much what you’d expect, and so Bong-soon lets out an impatient breath of air.

At that moment, Min-hyuk turns onto that same road. He gets out of his car to get a closer look at the two gangsters harassing an old man and a young woman. Min-hyuk calls the police as well, but makes no moves to come to anyone’s aid.

Of course, Bong-soon doesn’t need any aid, just the right motivation, which comes in the form of a slap across her face. In return, she slaps Kwang-bok, sending several teeth popping out of his mouth, then tosses him effortlessly through the air.

Hyun-dong comes over after hearing the commotion, and at first ignores Bong-soon, but stops after she begins pestering for him to pay for her damaged phone. Kwang-bok tries to warn Hyun-dong of the danger, but he doesn’t understand and moves to swat Bong-soon out of the way.