Chapter 43: The Traitor

Start from the beginning

The door creak open kaya doon napunta ang atensyon ko. Napalunok ako when I saw the person who opened it. Di ko alam ang sasabihin ko. Bakit ba kasi sya nandito?

"Are you okay?" there's a hint of worriedness in his voice or was it  just me?

"Y-yeah."

Tumingin sya sa tray na nakalagay sa gilid ng kama ko at saka umupo sa couch malapit sa 'kin.

"They used the dust I gave them. It was only suppose to repel you away but they use it to attack you."

Gulat akong napatingin sa kanya. Wow. So they use repellant now. Ganon na ba talaga sila katakot sa 'kin? Parang wala lang pala silang pinagkaiba sa mga estudyanteng tinatrato akong halimaw. If the one who knows who really I am was already afraid of me, how much more if everyone knows it?

"That's bullshit. Totally bullshit. You are all shitless cowards." di ko na napigilan na mag mura. They are called the elite of the elite because they are the strongest. Mga takot rin pala sa 'kin ang mga 'to.

"You can't blame me. I gave it to them for their protection."

"F*ck it Kiyan. Pinilit mo akong sumali sa inyo and this is what I get?! Do you think I was going to hurt them?! If I was planning something like that, then hurting them is not enough. Killing them is the perfect solution. After all, all of you treated me as a monster. So there's no problem on getting to be one."

"Shea."

"What?! Oh, it's my fault after all. Why did I even bother to join you? Ito ba ang kabayaran dahil binuhay mo ang familiar ko? Kaya ganito nyo ako tratuhin?"

"Ice is not a traitor."

Napatigil ako. So pinagtanggol pa talaga nya.

"I saw it. You saw it." I can't help myself to be cold.

"It's an impostor."

"But he has your dust."

"Someone stole it from him."

Napatigil ako sa sinabi nya.

"How?"

Kumuha sya ng magazine from the shelf here in my room at sinimulang basahin.

"She sneaked out while Ice is asleep."

Napakunot ang noo ko, "Wait, you said "she." So it's a girl? At di manlang ba nagising si Ice? Wala manlang sa inyo ang nakapansin?"

"I believe that she has the ability to conceal her presence that's why I can't feel her. And Ice sleeps like dead. He never wakes up that easy. Until now he's asleep."

Napa face palm nalang ako. Pero kasalanan parin nya 'to. I never thought he would look at me that way. That as if I'm a dangerous beast that will devour them anytime. They kept a repellant to keep me away from them. They are even worse than the people out there.

I-It feels bad. I don't know but I felt bad. It's our first day and I was already humiliated, discriminated, feared. Sana kinuha nalang nila ako. At least I'd be brought into the Underworld. I can fight them with my own strength not minding if I destroy everything. I can be by myself and not to care about other beings of what they think of me. They are all shits.

"I know what you're thinking." sabi nya.

Humiga ako at tumalikod sa kanya. I hate him. I hate them.

"Umalis ka na. Tell your friends to keep their repellants close to them. I might kill them any moment from now."

I heard him sigh at matapos ang ilang segundo ay narinig ko nang sumarado ang pinto. Bigla nalang tumulo ang luha ko. Why am I crying over worthless matter? Hindi ko na alam ang nararamdaman ko. Di naman kasing lapit ko si Kiyan pero bakit ang sakit? Why do I feel pain? Why do I feel disappointed? Does Kiyan has something to do with this?