Diamond

Shatteredspike POV

"Poppyfrost, Rainfall, Skycloud, Beavertail, Swantail, Strikeclaw and Shatteredspike you're needed for a patrol." Squrrielflight was ordering. All my friends and siblings have mates or are close to getting one, I mean I don't even have a crush, thought Shatteredspike. 

The head of the patrol was Strikeclaw, he said, "Lets split up. Poppyfrost go to the edge of the lake with Skycloud. Rainfall go by the WindClan border and Strikeclaw go to the ShandowClan border, Swantail to the clearing and Shatterspike go by the kittypets border,  no cat hunts there the prey will plentiful." 

Everyone nodded and ran off. Shatteredspike ran of to the kittypet border. I wish someone liked me and I liked someone. He thought. He heard a rustle in the bushes, he  got into a hunters crouch and he...

POUNCED.

He missed the catch, the mouse ran away. "Nice catch." teased a voice. Scatteredspike looked behind him he saw a beautiful white and gray she-cat with piercing blue eyes. He couldn't stop staring. "What?" she asked.

"N-nothing." he stammered.

"I haven't seen you around. And I know everyone for the next half mile. Are you a loner?"

"No. I am not a kittypet. Why would live with the Twolegs."

"The what? Do you mean the Upwalkers?"

"Yes... I think. Anyway I live in the forest in ThunderClan, or as you might know, the forest cats."

"I've always wanted to be a forest cat, but my Housefolk are so kind to me. They my bed near the fireplace and rub my stomach until I fall asleep. I would never leave them unless I really, really  want to. Whats your name mine is Diamond."

"Mine is Shattedspike."

"What type a name is that?"

"A clan name."

"Well I like that name. I wanna have a cool name like that." And you are also cute Diamond added in her mind. "Can I join the clan?" she asked. Of course the only cat that I like doesn't like me back. Thought Shatteredspike. 

"Sure." he shrugged.

"GREAT!" 

At that moment Scatteredspike heard his patrol calling his name. When they saw him, Rainfall said, "Where were you? We were looking everywhere for you. Is that a kittypet? Do you want to live with her? Are you going to leave us?"

 His flowing questions overwhelmed Scatteredspike. "I was talking to Diamond." Pointing his muzzel toward her. "She wants to join th-the clan." 

"THUNDERCLAN! WE ALREADY HAVE ONE LONER, WE DONT NEED A KITTY PET!" Screamed Beavertail.

When Diamond stepped away and said "I'm-I'm sorry" Diamond stammered, "it's ok." Swantail looked at Beavertail, "Think of Firestar, he was full kitty pet. And he was one of the greatest cats in the history of clans."

"Yeah, but his father, Jake wanted  to be a Clan cat." Beavertail pointed out.

"Fine, Diamond. Why do you want to be in ThunderClan?"

"Be-because I-I love Shatteredspike." Diamond stammered.

"What? I thought you just liked the names."

"That too, but I do love you. I was worried you didn't like me..." Diamond trailed off awkwardly. 

"I do."

"OK, OK. Stop this lovey-dovey business. Lets get back to camp and let Bramblestar diced." Everyone nodded. 

When the patrol got back to camp they placed the fresh kill on the pile and Shatteredspike took Diamond up to the leader's den. "Hello," Shatteredspike whispered.

"What is it and who is it?" Bramblestar asked.

"It's Shatteredspike and there is a kitty pet who wants to join the clan."

"Who is the kitty pet."

Diamond stepped into the light. "Me, I'm Diamond... I'm a kitty pet."

"We already have Millie, a kitty pet Daisy, a loner, Brick a Loner and if you join, another kitty pet." Bramblestar grumbled, "Anyway why are you here?"

 Diamond and Shatteredspike looked at each other. "I love him." Diamond said. 

"FINE, love wins." Shatterspike and Diamond touched muzzles. Bramblestar walked out of his den. "All cats gather beneath the high rock for a clan meeting. Diamond was a loner" Bramblestar emphasized loner and was glad no one who knew that she was a kitty pet piped up about that. "Diamond you shall be known as Diamondpaw."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FOUR MOONS LATER

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  "All cats gather beneath the high rock for a clan meeting. Diamond was a loner, but she has completed her warrior assessment with flying colors, Diamondpaw do promise to up hold the warrior code even at the cost of your life?"

"I do."

"Then from there forth you will be called Diamondheart." Diamondheart walked to Shatteredspike and they walked to the warriors den with their pelts brushing and their tails intertwined.