Expecting MORE kits

"Mommy, where are you going" chirped Lightkit

"I'm going to the medicine cat den" answered Dovewing

"Why?" Strikekit sounded concerned.

"I'll tell you later" Dovewing smiled. She walked over to Jayfeather. "I feel like I did the day I found out I was expecting kits."

"OK, lay down on your back." after a few minutes, he said "Yes you are, but this time you're only expecting 2."

"When are they do?" she asked

"In a moon and a half"

"My kits are only three moons old! I won't be able to cope with TWO  litters!"

"Well, you have to." Jayfeather snorted. Dovewing grunted and walked off.

"Bumblestripe come out here!" she yelled across the clearing, "we need to have a family gathering. "I'm expecting more kits. Only two this time." Lightkit started to cry.

"I don't want you to have more kits! I wanna stay the youngest, you pay attention to me and then when you have more kits I will be so small you won't know I'm there." Lightkit wailed. "Strikekit and Beaverkit say I'm to small." she started to sob louder.

"Two things, I will always love you" Lightkit leaned against Dovewing's leg,"And Beaverkit and Strikekit say you're sorry." She added in a stern voice.

"We're sorry" they mumbled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~