Ꮚ Chapter 25 Ꮚ

Ꮚ Chapter 25 

     There was blood on the floor and perhaps a lifeless body, but it wasn't my fault. Damn it, why do I always seem so suspicious and guilty?

     You guys believe me, right? Either way, I'm kinda freaking out at the moment. When I mentioned the fact that there was blood on the floor I didn't go into the specifics. But I guess you all want to understand the situation so I'll just tell you. There was enough blood to fill this man's shirt with the color red. Let's also take in the fact that this person was around two hundred and eighty-five pounds or so. Meaning a whole lot of blood. With all that in mind, one can consider the possibility that this was a messed up predicament I got myself into.

     I felt my stomach bubble a bit into knots, almost like I was going to puke. I flinched at the sight of the man sprawled on the wooden floor. "This is why you interrupted my date?!"

     "What's going on over there?" Kyle asked, his voice a little unclear through the static of the intercom.

     "I think there's a dead guy on the floor," I informed him feeling a beat of sweat form by my temple as I gulped and fiddled with the collar of my shirt.

     Kyle gasped. "You killed someone?!"

     "What the hell?!" I yelled. "No! You think I would kill someone?"

     "You never know..." He trailed off, barely muttering his thoughts.

     "I would never kill anyone, just so you know," I informed him.

     "Dark Wonder," I heard someone call. I turned around faced to face with a pair of brown eyes. I swallowed the lump in my throat when I noticed the golden badge on the cop and the handcuffs he was holding. He furrowed his eyebrows at me and looked over at the guy who was basically dead.

     "I didn't do it!" I hurriedly said.

     "You sound real innocent, Lucas," Kyle spoke sarcastically.

     I was going to tell him to shut up but opted on not doing that since I would seem like a crazy person. You know, since it would seem like I'm talking to myself.

     "We know," the officer chuckled. "We caught the culprit."

     Then why am I even here?! Stupid Kyle.

     "Good job, sir," I saluted him. Was that lame? I feel like that was a lame thing to do. Good thing I don't care. "Is he going to be alright?"

     A paramedic answered the question for me. They had a hand by his neck and smiled as they checked his pulse. "He lost a lot of blood," he started. No dip Sherlock. I'm no doctor but I think that was self-explanatory. And they call me an idiot. Pfft. "But he'll live."

     "Good," I nodded and felt my ears twitch at the sound of the police radio. There's an issue at the Valentine Carnival. I could hear the speaker say. The Ferris wheel. They continued and then began talking in police code that I didn't even know existed. "Well, I gotta go. There's a problem at the carnival."

     I smirked when someone began whispering to another person. How does he even know that? They asked. I wanted to answer the obvious. That I was psychic, duh. But that would take to much effort and I had to go.

     "Wait!" The officer stopped me.

     "Yeah?" I gulped.

     "Are you really Dark Wonder?"

     "What makes you think otherwise?" I quirked an eyebrow. Was it not apparent? Oh, apparent? That's a big word for me. I think Jenna is having a good influence on me. Damn, I just used the word, apparent.