Ꮚ Chapter 7 Ꮚ

Ꮚ Chapter 7 Ꮚ

     Out of all the things that could happen after a school day getting chased by a policeman wasn't one that I would envision for myself.

     See, when you have a friend like mine you're bound to get yourself into crazy situations. Kyle just does that. But this was different, as in not okay. I was seriously not in the mood to be behind bars and besides I'm too good looking for jail. In short, I had to find a way out if this. I had to officially conquer my complete laziness for about ten minutes. Was I able to do that? Probably not.

     "Put it down," he said roughly, growing agitated from our lack of cooperation. His nostrils flared as his face turned red with anger. Yup, not a very happy guy.

     I suppressed a smirk when I took the time to notice his exterior demeanor. He looked more like a bodyguard than a cop, but his face reminded me of puppy. Maybe it was the way he was pouting, then again that could have just been his face. You never really do know. His eyes were bloodshot and filled with urgency and alert. I kind of felt bad. Of course, that lasted for a second, when I realized that having pity wouldn't help us.

     I bit my lip and looked over to Kyle, noticing his evident fear. He gulped audibly as sweat began slowly dripping down his temple. His eyes were everywhere but at the cop. His brown hair that was usually messy and dry now looked like a wet mop. I closed my eyes attempting to focus only on my sense of hearing.

     Thump! Thump!

     I frowned when I heard Kyle's heartbeat. It took me time and a couple of youtube videos but I think I managed to understand people's heartbeats. According to the fast pattern,  Kyle wasn't in a good position. He was a wreck which meant our plan was about to go downhill. The adrenaline from our little adventure began to fade away from Kyle as his heartbeat started going back to normal. Okay, that was a good sign.

     "Put the laptop down," he repeated sternly.

     I've come to the conclusion that he might be a bit more serious now. Seeing as he was pointing a gun at us. His grip tightened on it as I raised my eyebrows challengingly at him. He continuously switched position of where he was directing the gun. It was Kyle then me and then the cycle would go on. The sun was almost setting as it reflected on his shiny gold badge. I squinted my eyes at the brightness fixing them on Kyle.

     My frown deepened into a full on scowl when I realized Kyle's hand trembling against the laptop. I clenched my fist and heaved a sigh. His eyes found it's way towards mine as he nodded. Was I supposed to know what he meant through a simple nod? I gritted my teeth and glared at him. Was he going to give it to him?

     He better not, we went through a lot to actually get a hold of it.

     I watched as Kyle put the laptop down on the ground and took a couple of steps back. He put his hands up in surrender. I felt my eyes twitch in aggravation. He didn't just do that. Nah, he wouldn't do that. Kyle is stupid but he isn't at that level of idiocy. I'm just seeing wrong. Yeah, that has to be it. But the thing is I have enhanced eyesight so I highly doubt that I saw anything wrong. Which means Kyle did exactly what I think he did.

     I gawked at him in astonishment.

     My state of denial was dismissed as the cop was about to take the laptop. I scoffed in amusement. Like he was going to get that laptop. I quickly grabbed it.

     As if, I would let all our hard work get thrown into the palm of his hand. That was both a metaphor and literal. I'm proud of myself. This was all for a good cause anyway. It's not like I was going to do anything illegal. In fact, I was going to try and protect the city through this. This cop should feel freaking privileged for being the chosen one for this difficult task Kyle and I have attempted to do.