Chapter Seven- The rock

• Dedicated to All of my fans reading this, you've been so supportive

Hey guys, this may be my only upload 'cos I'm on holiday :D  Hope you like it

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Nine

Jo

I woke to the incessant noise of my alarm clock.  That’s funny; I don’t remember setting my alarm clock.  Groaning, I looked over at it to check the time and crashed back on my pillow.  It was 2am!!!  However, a crash in the kitchen made me jolt up in bed.  After sitting like this for 5 minutes and hearing no further noise, I relaxed a little.  I was so paranoid recently, ever since that encounter with that strange man at the store.  He wouldn’t really hurt me….he has no reason to.  I shook off the uneasy feeling of worry before sliding out of bed.  Seeing as I wasn’t going to be able to get back to sleep I wandered to the main room, still in my cotton pyjamas, and sat down in Sherlock’s chair.  I snuggled into it and smiled contently.  My eyes drifted to the cluedo board that was stabbed to the wall and I chuckled to myself, remembering hearing John and Sherlock fighting over cluedo.  All of a sudden, the TV clicked on, making me jump 10 feet.  I frowned and started looking for the remotes but stopped as soon as I saw what was on the TV.  A short plump brunette was reading the news with a pained expression, and in the top right corner was a small photo of a set of apartments on fire.  I sat down on the floor in front of the TV and listened intently.  “..And we are getting more news on this attack by the minute, fire fighters were at the scene within minutes of the fatal explosion.  So far, 9 people have been reported dead, 3 children, 2 babies, 4 adults and one elderly woman.  A further 10 people have been reported missing-“ Suddenly, the TV switched off and wouldn’t turn back on.  I groaned, getting an uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach.  Something’s wrong… I stood up but flinched back when a large rock came flying through the window.  It hit me on the side of my head, making me cry out in pain.  I fell instantly to the floor but my hands instinctively stopped my fall.  Shaking, I stood up and wobbled over to the rock.  I turned it over and my breathing hitched.  Written, in what looked uncannily like blood, were the words “U R NEXT”.  I winced in pain as my head began to feel dizzy and then numb.  My hand lifted up to my head and felt the warm blood trickling down the side of my face.  My eyelids became heavy and the last thing I saw was Sherlock by my side, catching me before I fell to the floor.

Sherlock

I shot up in bed when I heard a scream from the living room.  I frowned before sliding out of bed and checking my alarm clock.  It was 2am…who would be up at this time?  I slipped into my dressing gown and walked out to the main room.  I looked around before seeing Jo shaking in the middle of the room.  Her head was dripping with blood so I walked briskly over to her to see what happened.  When I was about 2 metres away, she suddenly collapsed and if I wasn’t there to catch her, she would have seriously injured herself….well, even more than she already was. 

I shook her gently, trying to get her to wake. “Jo?  Jo?” When she didn’t respond, I picked her up and started for the door, but the warm, wet substance trickling down my arm made me stop.  She was bleeding…a lot.  I shouted to John and Mrs Hudson as I set her down on the sofa, she was losing blood and there was no way she’d make it to the hospital.  Besides, we have a doctor in the house so why waste it?  I stood up and looked at the frail girl in front of me, and for once in my life, I panicked.  I don’t know what to do, I don’t know how to help her….I’ve never sorted anything more than a scratched knee before.  John entered the room in a huff.

                “You don’t need to shout-“ He stopped mid sentence when he saw Jo on the sofa, and the growing pool of crimson blood that was surrounding her.  “Jeez Sherlock, what the hell happened?” I shot to her side and instantly started to take her pulse.  Why didn’t I think of that? “WHAT HAPPENED SHERLOCK!?” John shouted at me, interrupting my thoughts. 

                “I...don’t know. “ I sighed, looking from John to Jo then back to John. “She was holding a rock when I walked in and she collapsed.  I carried her to the sofa and she hasn’t woken up since.” I tried my best to cover up the worry in my voice, but I don’t think john would notice it…he isn’t very observant.  John eyed me and frowned – damn, maybe he did notice.

                “Go rip up some towels; we need to stop the bleeding.” He orders me, making me frown.  He doesn’t tell me what to do.

                “You don’t tell me wha-“

                “SHERLOCK NOW!” He shouted, growing irritated.  A few minutes later I returned with some ripped up towels and handed them to John.  He shook his head.

                “No, you need to put them behind her head; I need to keep a track of her pulse.” He told me quietly, before returning to calculating her pulse.  I groaned internally, I never was good with lots of blood.  Gently lifting her head up, I nearly puked.  She had a very large gash in the side of her head so I started to clean up the blood there.  After a few moments, the first towel was soaked in blood.  I glanced at John who was watching me, his face creased with worry.  I put 3 more towels on the sofa and lay her head on that.  After doing this, I stood up and walked to the phone.

                “What are you doing?” John asks, not taking his eyes off the now red towels. 

                “Calling 999.” I replied, holding the phone to my ear.  Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.  I groaned and set the phone back down.  The line had been cut off.  I looked to John and walked over to him.  “How’s she doing?” I asked.  When John didn’t reply, I looked at him to see his confused face.  His hand searched her wrist, her neck and the rest of her arm.  “What’s wrong?” John frantically pressed his finger to her wrist again. “John?” I asked, worry rising in my voice.  I didn’t bother to hide it.  Moments of deafening silence passed before he looked at me.

                “…she has no pulse.” 

-------------------------------------------------------------

:D  good ending huh?