I want to jump up and make a run for it, but I know if I do that, I'm leaving Abigail behind with him. So I wait patiently, still pretending to be asleep.

After a moment I hear the driver side car door open, some shuffling, and then it shuts.

As quietly as possible, I move over a piece of hair so that I can see the empty drivers seat. I pop my head up and look around to see that we're parked at a gas station. I watch as Adelram's back retrieves into the building. As soon as he's out of sight, I jump to the drivers seat. I reach forward to turn the car keys, but they're not there.

Oh fudge.

I really didn't think this through. I frantically search through every single place in this car, there has to be a spare.

But there isn't, and I can see Adelram/Slyder at the check-out counter.

"Abigail!" I whisper frenziedly.

Abigail lets out a moan from the back seat. "Hurry up, we have to think of something. Slyder's left the car, we don't have much time to escape.

Abigail's head whips up, her eyes shining with surprise "what did you just call him?" She asks.

"Yeah it's Slyder, I realized when I smelled him, he didn't smell like Adelram, which means I killed the wrong guy" I explain as I pull down the sun visor, suddenly something falls into my lap. I look down and am filled with an intensifying happiness, there lying in my lap is a shining silver key.

Movement in front of me catches my eye and I look up to see Adelram walking towards me, a look between confusion and panic morphing his features. He walks forward, his hands holding a blue slushy... does he actually have taste buds? Because that's always the flavor of choice that he has.

With shaky, panicked hands, I swiftly grab the keys and stick them in the key slot. "Hey! What are you doing Ka-Princess?" Adelram calls as he reaches the car.

In a panicked frenzy, I turn the key, smiling despite myself when I hear the rumble of the car.

"Hey!" He calls out, his hand grasping the handle of the driver side door, before he can open the door, I lock it, shifting the car into drive and zooming out of the parking lot as fast as the car will take me seeing him slowly disappear from the rearview mirror.

"Hey!" I hear him screaming, but I don't look back, I keep my eyes concentrated on the road in front f me, and my foot pressed firmly against the gas pedal, pushing it down as far as it can.

"Kamaria! What the hell are you doing? You just left him, go back!" Abigail demands from the back seat.

My breath catches in my throats at her words, she's screaming something at me about how I shouldn't have left him behind, but  I couldn't focus on any of what she was saying, my thoughts are focused on one thing. Did she just call me Kamaria? But Abigail doesn't know my name is Kamaria. At least not the real one anyways.

I tighten my grip on the steering wheel until my knuckles are white. I can feel a horrible feeling grind in my gut. Stupid me. Stupid, idiotic me. I had been so distracted by Slyder, I hadn't even considered the fact that Abigail might not be the real Abigail. I didn't want to believe it, Had I really killed both Adelram and Abigail?

"W-what did you just call me?" I ask stuttering nervously.

I watch her expression change as realization sets in. Slyder just gave itself away.

A wicked grin curves on Abigail's lips, slowly her features and body morphs right in front of me-well technically behind me, but I'm watching through the interior rear view mirror-into the image I know all too well as Slyder. The red masked man.

His lips curve into a mocking smirk.

And then suddenly, the guy dissolves...just literally dissolves right in front of my eyes. What. The. Hell?

I glance at the road to see I'm on a straight path, then swiftly look behind me, my eyes searching every area in the car for anything resembling a person, but there's nothing, there's nobody there. I'm suddenly alone in the car, how, I have no idea but I am.

I thank the lord above that the road all the way to that gas station was straight, so I wouldn't have to make any turns to get to the old hotel. Now I just pray that one, I get there before Slyder and two, my friends aren't dead.

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

PLEASE READ UNTIL THE END OF THIS BOLD WRITING

Greetings young padawans, I'm so freaking exhausted, my eyes are drooping, and my yawns are never ending, but I have so many ideas for the next chapter, practically word for word in my mind, and I don't want to forget it by tomorrow grrrrrrrrrr. 😴😴

But anyhoodle, I've been up all night working on little Easter goody bags for my teachers, because that's just the dorky teachers person I am.

I'm making pastel colored white chocolate covered pretzels, strawberry jello flavored Rice Krispie treat eggs sandwiches with homemade marshmallow fluff filling, chocolate peanut butter and lo mein noodle nests, and chocolate covered cookie dough eggs.

Not that any of that had to do with the book, so back to that.
(I wrote all of this around the time of Easter btw)

Basically this chapter is to show you how Kamaria escaped from Slyder and that she's now on her way to find dead, real Abigail and Adelram so yeah.

‼️IMPORTANT INFO‼️

I'm going to be changing the cover photo for this book because my current picture is not Copyrighted. The new image will be a bunch of words on a girls face (sounds weird I know) I imagine (thanks to a super cool girl) that the words are the thoughts that she reads through her mind reading ability.

Sorry if y'all hate it, I love it

Sorry if y'all hate it, I love it. And it's all thanks to this super kind gal by the username of Rockruby13. She made the image herself and I must say, she did a Darn good job! I absolutely adore the picture. And the sweetest part is, she made it without request, without reward, and without me even having to ask. She took the time to make this for me and the best I can do is give her this mention, I hate that and wish  I could give her more. Please guys give her a round of applause cause in my opinion, she definitely deserves it! 👏🏻👏🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Please comment, read, vote, and promote!!!