Chapter 12

Hide Away-Daya

I was wrong. I was so so wrong. I never should have believed that Jake was okay, I'm too naive. I hate him. He's a jerk. A horrible, horrible person.

Of course here I was going through the whole day convincing myself that despite my immediate thoughts of him, he was actually a pretty okay guy, but then lunch came.

Abigail and I walk into the lunch room laughing about some stupid joke she had just told. We got in line, got our food, sat at our table which is three tables down from Mr Blue Eyes-crap I seriously have got to stop calling him that, especially after today-everything was going normal. Abigail's cheerleading team sat at the table next to us so that they could talk to her and still sit at the special table they picked for themselves, the dance team came and sat at Abigail and I's table, my entire dance team always comes to sit with us, but I'm only really close to three of them.

One is petite and has long curly blonde hair with light blue eyes, her name is Ally, Ally is Abigail's younger sister by eighteen months.

Another is tall with brown shoulder length straight hair and green eyes, her name is Tess.

And the other one is fairly short with pink pixie cut hair and big brown eyes, her name is Chloe.

We were all laughing and talking, when suddenly Jake comes in drinking a smoothie. All eyes turned to him and instantly mine and his eyes locked. I felt as though I was in a trance yet again, his eyes mesmerizing me. His eyes were so gorgeous they were almost hypnotizing.

As we stared at each other, he slowly walked towards me. A small smile on his lips, he continues walking until he's standing directly in front of me. He grabs my hand and tugs me, wanting me to stand up, and I do. I want to know why his eyes have a small spark of mischievousness in them, I want to know why he's looking at me the way he is so I stand up without a word as I stare into his electric blue eyes.

The whole lunch room is watching us, leaning in in anticipation, but I ignore them, only watching Jake, waiting to see what happens, what he's going to do.

His lips part slightly. He leans in closer.
All I can smell is the orange peppermint scent that I've become accustomed to.

Oh my he's going to kiss me isn't he?!

My heart thumps wildly in my chest, I bite my lip as I wait.

His hand goes up and gently brushes my hair behind my ear.

A shiver runs down my whole body.

"Roses are red, violets are blue..."

He was going to tell me a poem? My heart was melting at the sound of his sweet voice as it Serenades me.

"God made us all beautiful, what the hell happened to you?" He questions, as a smirk reaches his lips.

Wait what?!

Before I can react to what's happening, he suddenly opens the lid to his smoothie and dumps the entire thing onto my head.

In front of the whole school, in front of all of my classmates, friends, and enemies, he had pretended to serenade me only to embarrass me more than I ever would have thought.

At first the cafeteria gasps, unsure of how to react, they all look to Brandon, as though they expect him to do or say something, probably because he's the biggest campaign for bullying, but he has his head laying on the table, his eyes closed. Then Jake barks out a loud, obnoxious laugh, and in mere seconds the entire cafeteria is bursting into laughter. Some laughing so hard they're crying, other calling me a loser, and other names, even some of my dance mates laugh.

Tears are rolling down my cheeks at this point as I wipe as much of the banana smoothie off of my face as I can.

I run out of the room barely holding in sobs.

As soon as I'm out the door, Abigail is standing there next to me along with my closest dance partners. Ally, Tess, and Chloe. They all walk with me to the bathroom trying to comfort me, telling me it's okay, that no one will remember this by next week, that it really wasn't all that bad, but I knew it was lies just as much as they did.

As soon as we're in the bathroom I run over to the sink to look at myself and forced myself to keep the tears that threatened to escape at bay, is though if I held onto the tears I was somehow holding onto the slightest bit of dignity.

I looked like such a pathetic loser, I was such a pathetic loser. Look at me, I actually thought that Jake was going to kiss me, I even wanted it.

Abigail tries soothing me as my other friends start cleaning me off the best to their ability. Tess watches the door as Ally and Chloe pull off my shirt and start wiping as much of the smoothie off as they can.

"Guys this is pointless, I'm going home." I announce, my voice cracking despite my effort to remain calm and indifferent.

"But then you'll have after school detention for three days" Abigail reminds me.

"I know but I can't stay at school like this" I tell her, this was obvious.

"Well then I'm going home with you" Abigail states.

"So am I" Chloe says, giving me a hug even with the smoothie all over me, probably ruining her Cashmere sweater.

Tess and Ally agree too.

I smile at my amazing friends.

"Thanks guys, but it's okay. I'll be fine, I just really need to wash this gunk out of my hair." I tell them. I was sure I wasn't going to be able to eat, smell, or even look at another banana for a very long time after this.

"We aren't taking no for an answer, now come on" Abigail says as she pulls my shirt back on over my head-I shiver at the feeling of the gooey wet shirt sliding back on me-and leads me out the bathroom and towards the door that takes us outside.

A girl was walking by when she sees me and stops. Her mouth drops and forms to a large 'O', her eyes gleaming with amusement, it was obvious she's about to laugh when Abigail walks up to her.

"Listen Whore, you better shut your mouth or I'll shut it for you, and you don't want that" she threatens the girl, giving her the death glare.

The girl quickly shuts her mouth and rushes off.

We continue walking towards the door until we're out.

Quickly walking to Tess's jeep and driving out of the school parking lot in a hurry. Abigail takes my car so it's not left at the school, We head to Ally and Abi's house.

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

I know Jake seems like a jerk right now, but you'll like him later trust me.

Please comment, read, vote and promote!!!